addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Vancouver International and Independent Cinema Group Message Board › "Writing and Healing" workshop

"Writing and Healing" workshop

sherry
user 3672417
Toronto, ON
Post #: 31
Please spread the word to anyone who may be interested.
Thank you!
Sherry.

"Writing and Healing" workshop
November 4, 2012 from 2pm to 6pm
Street: 3331 No. 3 Road
City/Town: Richmond, B.C.

Phone: 604 273-4372 or 778 772-6964

Dr. Sherry Duggal B.Sc., N.D. will go into the physiological link between writing and healing. This workshop will provide the research and science behind why writing can be so effective in our journey towards an optimal balance in mind, body and spirit.
The creative process is therapeutic in many ways and can be included as part of anyone’s lifestyle.
This interactive workshop will enhance self development and is open to artists and non artists from all walks of life. It is great for beginning writers or those who are just interested in playing with words and understanding themselves better.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to :
•Differentiate between the left and the right side of the brain
•Identify the physiological changes that happen in one’s body as we delve into any creative process
•List the unique benefits of writing
•State the research that shows the link between writing and healing.
•Identify key elements of good writing
•Personalize ways to get started in the writing process
•Identify ways to enhance one’s creativity so that one can incorporate it into one’s lifestyle.

Cost: 80 dollars.

Sherry brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to her workshops . But what made the workshop memorable was her enthusiasm and the positive energy she invested in the time we spent together .
I read over one of my exercises after a lapse of two years and was surprised at how I had found a voice to express a very personal event in my life. It was cathartic and I'm grateful for the experience.
Thank you.
Patricia Fimio

Sherry's teaching style is warm, inviting and creative.
I felt that she helped me move past my writer's block and truly see myself as a writer and an artist of words. She supported us in digging deeply into our experiences and she listened compassionately to group members stories of pain. She prompted us with fun topics such as love, and encouraged us to think outside the box as we put our stories together.
It was a beautiful experience.
Thank you.
Jessica Bleuer M.A., M.Ed.