Vancouver International and Independent Cinema Group Message Board › Argentinian film, Tuesday the 17 @ 8PM

Argentinian film, Tuesday the 17 @ 8PM

A former member
Post #: 7

Hello everyone, I just joined this group and I would like to invite you to the montly screening of the Vancouver Latin American Film Festival, it will be this Tuesday the 17 @ 8PM. This is a great argentinian comedy.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Time: 8:00pm
1131 Howe Street
Tickets: $10
Online promotion: Buy one on line, get the second free.

For more info and to watch the trailer go to:
www.vlaff.org

Sinopsis:

Aldo would never thought his life could change, he has everything under control. He controls his employees, his neighbours, his diet, his VCR, his remote con- trol, and everything within the four walls of his home. Who could possibly love a man like him? Andrea just spent the last fifteen years of her life travelling the world for life experience. She’s pregnant and doesn’t know who her baby’s father is, yet she doesn’t feel anything is lacking in her life. Who could possibly love a woman like her? But something is about to change for these two.

Vesna
user 4650909
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 3
Hello Christian,

Welcome to the meetup and thanks for the invitation. I can not make it on Tuesday and I don't know about Mohamed - he is working outside the city a lot lately, but if you are going to be there for sure and want meet other members willing to see the movie, I can post it as a meetup event. Let me know; you can either post a response or email me.

Vesna
A former member
Post #: 8
Hello Vesna, I will be there. It would be great if you post it as at Meetup Event, I am one of the organizers of the festival, if any one from this group Cinema Groups wants to attend, they can get the ticket for only $8 as a welcome.

cheers,

Christian
Vesna
user 4650909
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 4
Hi again Christian,

I have already sent you an email, but decided to post it here too. This is what I wrote:

How about posting the time for people to meet either in front
of the theatre or inside? I can't see now what time the movie
is on, but it would be good to meet 20 minutes or so before the
start. Are you going to be able to meet them? If you could,
that's what I would post with your name and the picture (if you
have one on here) and the rest of info, discounted ticket price
included.

Thanks once more.

Vesna
A former member
Post #: 9
Hello Vanessa, I'll be there half an hour before (at 7.30PM), I'll put a note with the discount at the cashier.

Thank you,

Christian
Vesna
user 4650909
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 5
Hi again Christian,

I have scheduled the event and named you the person who'll meet members of our Meetup at the Cinemateque. I hope you don't mind that I used my "powers" and RSVP'ed "yes" for you.

Hope to see you next time Mohamed or I schedule an event. Would you like to see either of the two movies scheduled for the next two Mondays?

Vesna
A former member
Post #: 10
Hi Vesna, thanks for posting it. I hope to meet you all soon. I'll be out of town after this Wednesday. I'll check the Meetup when I get back,

cheers,

Christian
A former member
Post #: 11
Hello again Vesna, only one thing, because this is a private rental, no one is required to buy a Pacific Cinemateque membership.

Vesna
user 4650909
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 6
Hi Christian,

I have emailed all the members (except the ones who have already said 'no') your comment/request. Is the RSVP deadline of March 17, 2009 at 5:00 PM going to give you enough time, or you'd like me to set the earlier deadline?

There IS a movie screening scheduled for this Monday, Mar 16th; you could join us if you have time. Otherwise, we'll see you when you come back.

Thanks once more for your generous offer.

Vesna
A former member
Post #: 12

Hello Vesna, 5PM is OK for deadline. I can't join you this Tuesday, I'll see you when I come back, I am actually going to the Guadalajara Film Festival in Mexico.

cheers,

Christian