Be fit. Be fun. Be yourself!
This year Vancouver Frontrunners (VFR) celebrates its 40th year of providing a safe-and-friendly social environment for gay men, lesbians, and friends to enjoy running and walking making it one of the oldest lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered (LGBT) sports clubs in Vancouver. The club promotes having a healthy lifestyle for all fitness levels and supports a number of other organizations within the LGBT and running communities in Vancouver. We are also members of International Front Runners, an affiliation of LGBT running and walking clubs throughout the world.
- Over 100 members
- We meet regularly twice a week (Wednesday and Saturday) throughout the year.
- Our members live in the City of Vancouver (90%) with over half living downtown.
- Running levels vary from beginners to ultra-marathoners/Ironmen.
- Our Walking Group includes those who enjoy walking, those who are recovering from injuries, and those who are transitioning beginner runners.
- Key words used to describe the atmosphere of the club in the 2011 membership survey include: friendly, supportive, inclusive, healthy, and social.
VFR Activities and Events
We are a very active club participating in a number of racing and social activities. In addition to the Pride Run/Walk event, VFR takes part in a number of racing events locally, regionally, and internationally. Some of the racing events that Frontrunner members participated in 2011 include:
- First Half Marathon
- Vancouver Sun Run
- BMO Vancouver Marathon
- Lees Trail Triathlon
- Scotia Bank Marathon
- Fall Classic
- Vancouver AIDS Walk
- CIBC Walk / Run for the Cure
- James Cunningham Seawall Race
- Whistler 50 Relay
- Yukon River Trail Marathon
- Victoria Marathon
- 5 Peaks Trail Race Series at Buntzen Lake
- Seattle Run and Walk with Pride
- Honolulu Marathon
- Seattle Marathon
- Las Vegas Marathon
Canada's Largest LGBT Running and Walking Club
Stanley Park, Brockton Oval
Stanley Park, Vancouver, BC
Saturday-morning run and walk
We run and walk Saturday mornings at 9:00 rain or shine in Stanley Park, starting and ending at Brockton Oval. The gathering is free of...
This Meetup repeats every week on Saturday
Roundhouse Community Arts & Recreation Centre
181 Roundhouse Mews, Vancouver, BC
Come to the Roundhouse Community Arts & Recreation Centre in Yaletown Wednesday evenings at 6:30 for a run along the seawall and the bridges at False Creek or a walk in...
This Meetup repeats every week on Wednesday