add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

New Hampshire Vegan/Animal Rights Group Message Board › Attend the NYC Veggie Pride Parade!

Attend the NYC Veggie Pride Parade!

A former member
Post #: 6
Note: Hi everyone - I'm posting the following info. for a friend who lives up near Conway (and therefore is not a member of this meetup). Tricia

Hello Friends and Activists!

The 3rd annual Veggie Pride Parade will be held Sunday, May 16th in NYC. I am seeking others who want to travel to this event. This is a very exciting event, attended by thousands, with the parade ending in Union Square Park. The event will have two stages set up for speakers, tons of vendors, and it is all FREE!

There is a very nice hostel w/ available rooms located just a couple of blocks from the event. The price is about $30 per night per person in a shared bunk style room. The organizer of the parade, Pamela Rice, has generously offered to cover $200 of the lodging expenses. You can see the hostel here: http://www.jazzhostel...­

NYC is a 7-8 hour drive from NH, and I plan on leaving Saturday early afternoon, and returning either Sunday night or Monday afternoon. If you are seriously interested and would like to carpool, please let me know ASAP so we can reserve the room and make arrangements to meet.

Don't hesitate to call me if you need more information.

Laura Slitt