The Sugar Mama Vegan Cookie Swap & Holiday Party 2012!
Dust that apron off - the cookie competition will be fierce!
(Read VegWorcester's review of last years event: http://vegworcester.com/2011/12/19/sugar-mama-bakers-swap-over-1500-vegan-cookies/)
Ugly sweaters & holiday attire encouraged!
Photos with Vegan Santa by Worcester Photo Studios
Most delicious vegan cookie
Most attractive vegan cookie / cookie display
Most awesome ugly sweater or holiday attire
Feel free to bring any vegan drinks/food to share. Note: If you don’t have time to bake/enter the swap but want to attend the party, you can’t participate in the actual cookie swap, but alternatively could bring a vegan food/drink item to share, participate in ugly sweater/holiday attire contest and have your photo taken with vegan santa.
If you plan to enter, please post a comment below!
COOKIE SWAP RULES
All cookie ingredients must be vegan. No exceptions. This means no eggs, milk, dairy, honey, gelatin, etc.
- Please bring 6 dozen total cookies. Why 6 dozen? It sounds like a lot, but to make the event work, people can taste 1 of your cookies at the party and take a couple of your cookies home. (For example, if we have 15 entrants that each make 6 dozen cookies everyone will be able to taste one of your cookies at the party and bring 2 of your cookies home, and it leaves a few extra cookies for you as testers.)
All entries must be cookie-like. They should be homemade or from a vegan bakery. Stray way from cookie mixes and anything with wet toppings that don’t dry. We don’t want 30 plain chocolate chip entries, be creative!
Arrange cookie entry on a platter and bring another large container to carry away your cookies.
Label your cookies! And Bring a copy of your recipe with ingredients.
Our advice: Make your cookies the night before, so you’re not rushing and cookies have time to cool/dry.
- Everyone's cookies get lined up on a table with the index cards showing the name & ingredients of each cookie
- Each person tells the group what type of cookie they made and how the baking went.
- Everyone lines up and gets at least 1 cookie from each batch of cookies on the table! (If there are less bakers, everyone will get more than 2 or 3 of each kind!)
- You get to leave with a container full of different varieties of tasty vegan cookies and hopefully some new friends ;)
This is your last chance to eat plates full of cookies before your well-meaning New Years Resolution, so don't mess around. Come and join us.
There is also a Facebook Event for this here:
Email [masked] if you have any questions!