The New Haven Vegan Meetup Group Message Board › URGENT...PLEASE MAKE PHONE CALLS TO YOUR SENATORS! Crucial support for funding

URGENT...PLEASE MAKE PHONE CALLS TO YOUR SENATORS! Crucial support for funding

Karen J.
user 10155640
New Milford, CT
Post #: 86
May 19, 2011
Your U.S. Senators Need to Hear from You

Can you help us mobilize crucial support for funding to ensure the U.S. Department of Agriculture can adequately enforce key animal welfare laws?

As I recently wrote in my blog, Senators Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) and David Vitter (R-La.) are asking their fellow Senators to join on a letter to the Senate Agriculture Appropriations Subcommittee, seeking funds to improve enforcement of key animal welfare laws in Fiscal Year 2012.

The funds requested in the letter are modest, but are critically needed to implement and enforce the Horse Protection Act, the Animal Welfare Act, the Humane Methods of Slaughter Act, the federal animal fighting law, and programs to help prepare for the needs of animals in disasters and to address the shortage of veterinarians in rural and inner-city areas and public health practice. The letter's deadline is fast-approaching (it's due May 27th), so we need your help quickly.

Will you take a moment to call your two U.S. Senators and urge them to co-sign this Senate animal welfare funding group letter?

Senators Joseph 'Joe' I. Lieberman (202) 224-4041 and Richard Blumenthal (202) 224-2823

When you call, you can say:

"Hello, my name is [your name] and I'm calling from [your town] to urge Senator [Senator's name] to co-sign the letter being circulated by Senators Boxer and Vitter, seeking needed funds for enforcement of key animal welfare laws."

Thanks for all you do for animals!

Sincerely,

Mike Markarian
President
Humane Society Legislative Fund