Minneapolis Vegan Meetup Message Board › Orange Coconut Ginger Ice Cream Recipe from Chef Eric

Orange Coconut Ginger Ice Cream Recipe from Chef Eric

Eric R.
user 10181899
San Isidro, CR
Post #: 11
A cool treat in summer heat, it's TO LIVE FOR!
I want to share my recipe for whole food VEGAN non-dairy ice cream made in your own home without an ice cream maker! This Orange Coconut Ginger Ice Cream recipe tastes way better than the orange creamsicles we had as kids, and will elicit moans of delight from any ice cream lover and leave you LOSING weight, BUILDING calcium and alkalinity, and GAINING energy and nicer skin that whole plant foods are proving scientifically.

2 cups frozen banana chunks
1 cup frozen papaya chunks
Blend together until smooth: Juice of 1 orange, 1 tsp vanilla, fresh ginger, 1/2 cup or more of soft pulp of 1 young coconut, 1 Tbsp coconut oil, 2 Tbsp macadamias, 1 fresh banana, 2 dates.
Then combine everything in a food processor with the S blade and blend until just smooth, serve immediately. Garnish with sliced ripe papaya, persimmon, or berries.

Try it, I'd like to hear your comments. I used to make this all the time when I lived in Chanhassen and taught raw food classes, because it was always a hit and easy to make.

PHOTO:

Saludos
Living Foods Health Chef Eric Rivkin
Viva La Raw Project non-profit
www.vivalaraw.org