Minneapolis Vegan Meetup Message Board › men's shoes....aka "the problem"

men's shoes....aka "the problem"

A former member
Post #: 102
So far, I've not been able to find a place in Minneapolis that sells a good selection of men's shoes and boots.

There are some online options, and a couple of people have been trying to help me out with this, but the reality is it really seems like the huge selection for leather free women's shoes completely overwhelms the selection available to men.

And then of course there is the small matter of buying shoes online not being "fun" since you can't try them on first.

Gentlemen... I could use some help here. Any recommendations?
Robert
user 69350492
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 6
You should be able to fund a ton of selections for athletic shoes. Also, you might find a pair of athletic shoes that looks plain enough or nice enough to wear for casual wear. Dress shoes and boots are a little bit harder and I haven't found a place in MN that has a large selection. Every department store should have a couple of options for vegan shoes. I get my dress shoes (that I wear w/suits) at Macy's. The brand is Alfani. They took a couple of wears to break in but they are great.
Chuck13
chuck13
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 13
DSW (Designer Shoe Warehouse) is nearly all man made materials.

MOA and many other locations
Chuck13
chuck13
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 14
Also Payless
A former member
Post #: 104
I've been in DSW a couple of times, and they had a fairly decent selection, but it was always a rare thing for me to find shoes/boots there that I would actually spend money on. And this was of course before I started to think the way I do now. Their non-leather/suede selection is actually rather small.

I'm a bit of a shoe snob I guess, I have always wanted to REALLY like the shoes I buy. I still struggle with this. So far though, mostly from internet sites these have been the only shoes that I have found that are 100% not made from leather/suede that appeal to me...so far. (Not counting athletic/super casual shoes since that seems relatively easy)

http://www.alternativ...­
http://www.alternativ...­
http://www.dmusastore...­ I've always enjoyed docs, especially since they usually are very durable, though these are not really the style I prefer to wear...the 3 hole 1461's don't really appear to me unfortunately.

2.5 options are better than 0 I guess...but the search continues!

One of these days....shoe manufacturers will start letting us do custom orders. Imagine how awesome it would be to be able to say, "I like these shoes...I'll take them in the animal-free version thanks!"

A former member
Post #: 10
Might I suggest ... drumroll, please! ... Ethique Nouveau. There are at least a few shoe options and others can be ordered. Don't feel bad about ordering from Vegetarian Shoes and other online sources if you need to.