Hackensack / Teaneck Veggie Vegan Meetup Group Message Board › Thankfully RoundUP (including Vegucated volunteering, turkey alternatives &a

Thankfully RoundUP (including Vegucated volunteering, turkey alternatives & NYC Thanksvegan)

A former member
Post #: 879
Wishing everyone peace, patience and perseverance. These are some curious times and challenges.

To our green chefs, hope you are enjoying the menu planning, plotting to shop without a crowd, and all the rest for the big day next week. I think this is more fun than opening wrapped boxes under trees by far! Still amidst some mid-Autumn clearing/cleaning here. Once that’s better realized we may see a new wave of home-hosted EatUP events – keep your eyes open and fingers ready to clickety-click for those.

Please do check out (and share) SuperVegan’s list of all the frozen turkey alternatives with their official corporate descriptions. Personally recommend you SKIP the Tofurky Feast. Yet I enjoy and make the Tofurky Roast every year at some point for a potluck, Comfort Foods dinner and/or Thanksvegan. Trader Joe’s Turkeyless is in my frig now ($9.99!) – excited about how it’ll turn out! Stay tuned for a report on that.

And there is also SuperVegan’s Big Fat Guide to NYC Vegan Thanksgiving, 2012 Edition if you know someone still needing to make plans to get their vegan eat on out & about.

Oh! I’m good on the roommate front – thankyouverymuch :-) If you are looking for a spot or people, please post your notice to our message board. It's for all of us to share and use.

More appreciation to all you Netflix DVD accountholders continuing to save AND rate Vegucated! Streaming is the next goal, so every click help. And further thanks for sharing this request with ALL your peeps!

DEALS
Go to @vegandeals (U.S. and sometimes Canada) after 11 am ET for daily deals. No Twitter account necessary.

COMMUNITY CALENDAR

This week
Fri Nov 16 4 pm Volunteering for Vegucated [Easy work, great 'pay']
Sat Nov 17 1 pm enjoy a raw vegan meal from live island cafe [LI]
Sat Nov 17 5 pm HealthyPlanet's 19th Annual Green & Turkey-Free Thanksgiving Dinner/Lecture [LI]
Sat Nov 17 7 pm Join me for dinner at Miss Rachel's Pantry [PA]

Next week
Sun Nov 18 11:30 am Cooking & Sharing Party [PA]
Mon Nov 19 7 pm A Very Vegan Thanksgiving
Mon Nov 19 7 pm Dinner at Whole Foods Market (Lake Grove) [LI]
Thu Nov 22 11:45 am Vegetarian/Vegan Thanksgiving Lunch, Part One - At Red Bamboo (Limited to 30)
Thu Nov 22 11:45 am Vegetarian/Vegan Thanksgiving Lunch, Part Two - At VP2 (Limited to 50)

Beyond
Mon Nov 26 7 pm Vegan Food Swap [PA]
Thu Nov 29 6 pm Film night, vegan food presented by Sustainability Institute! (in Farmingdale) [LI]
Fri Nov 30 7 pm *deadline extended* submit vegan recipes for Karuna Kuisine cookbook project!

Sun Dec 2 6 pm Dinner at The Curry Club

Mon Dec 17 7 pm Dinner at Whole Foods Market (Lake Grove)

EATUP MESSAGE BOARD's new posts
Seeking Veggie/Vegan Roommate(s)

Grateful for all of you.
Demetrius Bagley
Organizer, NYC Vegan EatUP
meetup.com/nyceatup

NYC Vegan EatUP promotes connecting for community and compassionate cuisine around the New York City metro and beyond. Our history spans 10 years, some 450+ events and sports over 1,700 members.