Vegan Metro West Network Message Board › Camping over Labor Day weekend

Camping over Labor Day weekend

A former member
Post #: 3
Hey friends,

Victoria and I are interested in organizing a camping trip over Labor Day weekend. We are thinking of going somewhere in central Mass, potentially near the North Hampton Area (for the restaurants). Thoughts? Feelings? Please share.

Karen
Victoria M.
VeganVictoria
Group Organizer
Maynard, MA
Post #: 9
Seems there is interest from Steve, Nina, Lisa and Susan. Forgive me if I left anyone out. We all like the idea of fairly local with swimming and hiking options. There are two places I found near Northampton - of course we need to be near a good vegan restaurant or two. One is private and one is state.

http://www.mass.gov/d...­ this is about a 28 minute drive to Northampton

and

http://koa.com/campgr...­ this is about a 17 minute drive to Northampton

Any opinions?
Victoria

Fifi B.
fifib
Harvard, MA
Post #: 1
I am interested too. Both campgrounds you suggest look good. I'd lean a little toward the state forest (less commercial), even though it means a longer drive to Northampton and restaurants. I have a (~3-person) tent, 2 coolers, a (2-person) air mattress and rechargeable air pump, and car (but no stove) to share.
Victoria M.
VeganVictoria
Group Organizer
Maynard, MA
Post #: 10
I am interested too. Both campgrounds you suggest look good. I'd lean a little toward the state forest (less commercial), even though it means a longer drive to Northampton and restaurants. I have a (~3-person) tent, 2 coolers, a (2-person) air mattress and rechargeable air pump, and car (but no stove) to share.

I lean towards the state forest as well. We should decide soon so we can make reservations! I have a six person tent, large cooler, and 2 chairs. If no one has a stove, we always have the camp fire. We would want to have some sort of grill to position.
Joe
jafm
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Post #: 10
I haven't been camping in a long time, so that going to the state forest would be great. I have a stove and some other equipment, somewhere....
NinaV
NinaV
Gardner, MA
Post #: 12
This sounds like lots of fun! I'm in as long as it does not rain. Sorry but I'm a fair weather camper - But a vegan for all seasons :)
NinaV
NinaV
Gardner, MA
Post #: 14
Sorry I have to back out of this. I just realized I have a puppy mill awareness event in Salem MA that we'll be serving vegan food at!