Vegan Metro West Network Message Board › Cats and food :-)

Cats and food :-)

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi All ~
We are a Vegan household with three amazing Star Beings in vegan doggie bodies who thrive joyfully and healthfully on an organic love filled vegan diet (they were all emaciated and sickly when we rescued them ~ now grown fully into themselves, with gorgeous coats of fluffy fur :-) ) ~ so I know a vegan diet is great for them, but my girls would like a to rescue a cat or two and I have heard that cats physiology is not so adaptable to vegan diet. As I will not support the death of another beloved animal to feed them, I am wondering if anyone out there has had any success with vegan diet and cats. My girls have one friend with a very healthy happy vegetarian cat, but I am looking for someone else who might have this experience. I will not adopt a cat unless I can resolve this ~ our pets are forever family :-) ~~~ (please no lectures about what cats should eat ~ this is not our question :-) ~ just if you know if there is any healthy way to have a cat and remain a vegan household :-) ) thanks!!! In All Love ~ Kathryn