addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Seattle Vegan Meetup Group Message Board › Getting Vegan food in a UW sorority

Getting Vegan food in a UW sorority

Sandy S.
user 35688882
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
Anyone here have some resources for a college girl in a sorority that went vegan this summer? Currently the house "cook" is refusing to provide vegan menu items. She provides vegetarian, but doesn't try to provide vegan at all. My friend's daughter is paying big time for the food and the cook told her she can eat from the salad bar. Gee, thanks, lady.

I am encouraging her mom to start pushing and insisting. Many of the girls eat vegetarian and are supportive of eating vegan, so it wouldn't be just for her. In her room she can only have a microwave... no cooktop. :-(

Any ideas and resources would be appreciated. I googled and didn't find much. Thanks!