The Seattle Vegan Meetup Group Message Board › Veg*n visiting Seattle for the first time this July!

Veg*n visiting Seattle for the first time this July!

Angela
veg-n.mama
Seattle, WA
Post #: 1
Dear veg*friends,

I know this is rather early, but I'm so excited! The entire second week in July I'll be in Seattle for work -- no, I'm not really excited about that, but it will be my first time to Seattle and it looks like there's a great vegan community out there! So I could really use your advice.

I'll be working at Seattle Pacific University and am pretty much on my own for lunch and dinner each day. What are the best places locally or within an easy distance?

Also, where are the best veg-friendly shops and day spas in Seattle and what are the veg dining options nearby? I'm coming on my own -- leaving son and hubby in Florida -- so I get a nice mommy break to do whatever I want after work each day! (But I will miss them terribly, so I wouldn't mind a little companionship if anyone's available to grab a bite with me -- i.e. make sure I don't get lost -- on one of those days.)

Thanks in advance for any help!
Angela
veg-n.mama
Seattle, WA
Post #: 3
I booked my flights today! So it's for real now... still hoping for a response here...
Tracy R.
user 64710532
Seattle, WA
Post #: 12
Hey there,

Where are you staying? There's a lot of vegan friendly, vegan restaurants in Capital Hill. Fremont is not that far from SPU, a short bus or bike ride from it. There will be places to eat there, plus PCC market has vegan food and they do soups.
I like 'Plum' on 12th Ave in Capital Hill.
Veronica F.
user 13437033
Bothell, WA
Post #: 2
Check out this website for a list of vegan and veg-friendly Seattle restaurants: http://www.vegseattle...­. Includes a map.

I work downtown so would be happy to meet up for lunch or dinner while you're in town.
Angela
veg-n.mama
Seattle, WA
Post #: 4
Thanks, I will have a look! Then I'll contact you once I'm in town to plan a "date" with you one evening after work. smile Which days tend to work best for you?
Angela
veg-n.mama
Seattle, WA
Post #: 5
Thanks for the recommendations. I'm actually staying on campus. Good to know I'll have options nearby.