add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Vegan Detroit Meetup Group Message Board › THANKS you VEGANS!

THANKS you VEGANS! love struck
(the official stats finally DROP on # of land animals killed for food in the U.S.!)

Group Organizer
Royal Oak, MI
Post #: 2,807
Via FARM: “The total number of land animals killed for food in the U.S. in 2008 was down 0.6% from 2007, at 10,279 million, despite a 1% increase in U.S. population, according to data extrapolated from the USDA.”

I know 0.6% doesn't sound like much... but to the animals spared and to the people who worked so hard at educating folks about a more compassionate diet, it is AWESOME, and it's only getting better! Go take a look at the 2009 projections and view the chart!

Click here to visit F.A.R.M.
love struck

(and now a plea: help the number decrease even MORE in the coming years- join us over at SMART for our many vegan outreach leafleting days. we'd love to have your help!)
Group Organizer
Royal Oak, MI
Post #: 2,863
Geez you people are quiet in here. I hope you talk more during dinner than you do on this message board.

(kidding. i know you do. i've been out w/you and hope to join you again soon.) ;)

Hope everyone's well and staying warm!