June's meetup is a bit of a mashup between our popular Dragon Lady dine-out events, our Vegan On Tap events and potluck! Let us cordially invite you to our first ever:
Dragon Lady Lounge Potluck Bonanza!
Doors open at 4pm for Vegan Chicago members on the RSVP list only. Drinks will be available for purchase at the bar. Other than that, easy peasy Vegan Chicago potluck guidelines apply:
• All food must be vegan which is defined as not containing any animal products. By this we mean no: meat, milk, cheese, eggs, honey, yogurt, butter, whey, lard, casein, gelatin, fish, animal broth etc. For a more comprehensive list check out this page.
• You must bring food to eat food.
• Dishes should serve at least 6 portions.
• A list of ingredients or the recipe must be written down to be displayed near your dish with your name.
• If needed please provide a utensil to enable people to serve themselves a portion of the dish you brought.
• Bring your own plate, utensils and napkin. Tupperware or other such container makes for a convenient way to partake and then store for easy cleanup later at home.
• Store/restaurant bought food is allowed as long as the ingredients are readily available. This makes it easy for people who don't cook or whatever to participate.
• Couples/families bringing one dish should adjust the portion size of their dish accordingly.
•Please post what dish you plan to bring in your RSVP comment when you sign up for an event.
• While we will do our best to ensure all food is vegan (or yummy ) we cannot guarantee it. Eat at your own risk.
RSVP early, don't miss out!