It's time for Vegan Chicago's 5th Annual Potluck & Bowling Extravaganza at Timber Lanes Bowling Alley!
If you've never visited Timber Lanes, you're in for a treat, as it's a classic, old-school, 8-lane bowling alley with a rich history and plenty of character.
We've reserved Timber Lanes from 2:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Saturday, March 2nd. The pre-pay cost of $10 per person via Amazon Payments includes admission, bowling, shoe rental, and the opportunity to participate in an amazing vegan potluck!
- All food must be vegan which is defined as not containing any animal products. By this we mean no: meat, milk, cheese, eggs, honey, yogurt, butter, whey, lard, casein, gelatin, fish, animal broth etc. For a more comprehensive list, check out this page.
- You must bring food to eat food.
- Dishes should serve at least 6 portions.
- A list of ingredients or the recipe must be written down to be displayed near your dish with your name.
- Provide serving utensils appropriate for your dish.
- Bring your own plate, utensils and napkin. Tupperware or other such containers make for a convenient way to partake and then store for easy cleanup later at home.
- Store/restaurant bought food is allowed as long as the ingredients are readily available.
- Couples/families bringing one dish should adjust the portion size of their dish accordingly.
- Please post what dish you plan to bring in your RSVP comment.
- Please clean up after yourself at the end of the event.
Note: Electrical outlets are limited, but a couple of crock pots can be accommodated.
Optional: Bring empty food storage containers to transport leftovers home.
A cash bar will be available, which will include both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
If you're not interested in bowling, that's okay. Not everyone bowls, and fun can be had by socializing and/or watching those who do bowl.
This is a family-friendly event and one of our most popular of the year. It's always loads of fun!
Hope to see you there!