Feb 17, 2013 · 11:30 AM
This location is shown only to members
Come spend a day in the quiet countryside with your local farm animal sanctuary! Enjoy some good food, good company, and hang out!
Here's what we're doing: Bring a delicious dish! We will have lunch at Terry's house on the property. You can bring treats for the animals as well; (they love carrots, apples, watermelon, squashes!) You can walk around and see the animals, and sometimes we do a few chores if there's anything to be done.
Serenity Springs is a local vegetarian run animal sanctuary. The sanctuary is currently home to pigs, horses, donkeys, chickens, cats, and a few dogs. You can visit them on Facebook here. You can also find out more information including how to make a donation on their website, here.
Please consider a donation and get your friends involved! Donating is just as important if not more than volunteering!
- Eating utensils and dinnerware will be provided, but please bring something to serve your dish with!
- Leave a comment with what you plan to bring, so we don't end up with all desserts.
- Be sure to dress casually as you will be outside and around animals and will probably get a little dirty.
- It's recommended that you Google-map directions and be familiar with them, as the location is out in the country and the last few roads are not clearly marked!
- You may also want to consider a carpool given the distance and limited parking. Feel free to use the comment section below to offer or seek a carpool!
- If you can't make it, please consider a donation, it will help!
- Sometimes cancellations do occur, every effort will be made to contact everyone coming as soon as possible in the event of a cancellation.
Hope to see you there!