Montclair Vegans Message Board › General Rules

General Rules

Dianne
user 8208735
Group Organizer
Montclair, NJ
Post #: 18
Hi everyone!

In order to keep the group fun and friendly, it's necessary to have a few guidelines.

1. We are an inclusive group, so everyone is welcome. You do not need to be vegan to join our group or to come to our events. However, our events are a safe haven for vegans. If you are not vegan and feel the need to debate the ethics or healthiness of veganism, you will have to do it someplace else.

2. There's an RSVP list for a reason. If you would like to join in on an event after the RSVP list has closed, send me an email at dianne at veggiegirl.com. If you come to an event without RSVPing yes, you will be asked to leave. Please don't make things awkward for anyone - just RSVP ahead of time.

3. Conversely, do not RSVP yes and then fail to show up. I understand that last minute things come up. If you RSVP yes but can't attend an event, please change your RSVP or send me an email. People who are constant no-shows will be removed from the group.

5. Private events such as potlucks cost $1 to attend. This money covers the cost of running the group on MeetUp and helps bring guest speakers to our community. Please remember to pay your dollar at the beginning of each meetup.

6. When you write on an event wall, your comment gets emailed to everyone who has RSVPed. I cannot turn this feature off and MeetUp.com refuses to change it. Please do not write on an event wall unless it is absolutely necessary.

7. Complaining is not cool. The Montclair Vegan co-organizers and I work hard to organize events and bring guest speakers to the group. If you don't like the way we're running things, I apologize, but please understand we are working very hard at this, and it's impossible to please everyone. If you're really unhappy with the way Montclair Vegans is run, then perhaps this isn't the right group for you.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Thank you!
Dianne
Dianne
user 8208735
Group Organizer
Montclair, NJ
Post #: 19
I'd also like to add that vegans are not to lecture omnivores on what they should or should not be eating. Our events should be fun for everyone. Leading by example is the best way to spread the word of veganism, not judgmental lecturing.