Montclair Vegans Message Board › Attendance at recent events

Attendance at recent events

Closed to new replies

Dianne
user 8208735
Group Organizer
Montclair, NJ
Hi everyone,

I have sent emails out about attendance in the past, but it seems that once again I need to remind you that if you RSVP for an event, you are expected to show up. The amount of no-shows and last minute drop-outs at the last few events has been completely unacceptable. Attendance has been about half of yes rsvp list. A lot of time and effort is put into planning events, and it's extremely frustrating for all involved when the people who say they are coming don't show up. It's also very embarrassing for me when I tell a guest lecturer that 60 people are coming and only 30 actually show. I understand that last minute things come up, but I find it hard to believe that last minute things would come up for 20 people in the same group on the same night.

Would you tell a friend that you're going to meet her for dinner and not show up without telling her you couldn't make it? Would you make a doctor's appointment and then skip it without calling to cancel? Would you tell friends that you were going to a party at their house and not show up without telling them you could no longer attend?

People who consistently don't show up after rsvp'ing yes or drop out at the last minute without explanation will be removed from the group.

Thank you,

Dianne