Montclair Vegans Message Board › two awesome events in NYC

two awesome events in NYC

Da'Ves M.
Ms.Vegan
Newark, NJ
Post #: 25
Hello everyone, hope everyone is enjoying the wealth as much as I am. Two awesome events are happening this weekend.

1. The Green Festival this Saturday and Sunday @ the Javits Center

This exhibit is the nation's largest green markplace held at different locations throughout the year. The will be cooking demos, local organic food, a organic beer & wine garden, green product samples. You can find discount tickets online at greenfestival.org They are in need of volunteers, if you are willing to make a difference go to greenfestivalvolunteers.org.

2. Meatless Monday (on Sunday) Cook-off. Sunday, April 21, 2013 (1:00pm to 3:00pm)

I will be in the cook off! I am extremely nevous. I was wondering if anyone could come out and support me, even if I have never met you. It's my first time doing anything like this and would love to see caring faces.

This is a opportunity to celebrate the beauty and taste of local, seasonal vegetables while doing the planet a small favor. In the spirit of Earth Day, indulge your taste buds while "going" green (and red, and yellow, and orange, and every other color in our local gardens).

So as not to conflict with your Meatless Monday plans, we're holding our Meatless Monday Cook-off on Sunday. Come taste the vegetable, legume and grain centric creations of a room full of chefs battling against each other to create the best meatless creation. And cast a vote for your own favorite dish, alongside renowned restaurant professionals! Judge’s Choice and People’s Choice Prizes will be awarded!

Proceeds benefit the programs of not- for-profit Slow Food NYC, including the Urban Harvest program of good food education for NYC city kids at 13 schools in the Bronx, Harlem, on the Lower East Side, and in Brooklyn, and at our summer farm in Brooklyn.

Buy your ticket at meatlessmonday.brownpapertickets.com Slow Food Members -$20 / Non-members $25 / at the door $25

I HOPE TO SEE YOU :)