Montclair Vegans Message Board › recipes...would like to have some of the recipes from the potluck! HERE'S MINE

recipes...would like to have some of the recipes from the potluck! HERE'S MINE

victoria
user 4222189
Edison, NJ
Post #: 1
promised I would get my tempeh recipe (mock chicken salad) out there...1 block tempeh...boil it for 20 minutes with tamari (soy sauce)...when cool, cut into tiny cubes and place in a bowl...add chopped celery, chopped cherry tomato, you can add chopped onion if you wish...add tamari/soy sauce, yellow mustard, and tahini to taste, mix well....this is nice to eat on pita bread or corn thins or fine by itself
Dianne
user 8208735
Group Organizer
Montclair, NJ
Post #: 24
Here's the link to the potato salad recipe I made:
http://www.meetthesha...­
Jackie M.
user 10170695
Cranford, NJ
Post #: 26
Sorry it took this long but better late than never :)

Jackie’s Eggplant Recipe

2 Large Eggplants
½ Green Pepper
½ Yellow Pepper
½ Red Pepper
½ White Onion
½ Red Onion
2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
4 Garlic Cloves
1 Tablespoon of Tomato Paste
1 Teaspoon of Goya Adobo (Regular/Original) Flavor
Salt & Pepper to taste

With a potato peeler take the skin off the eggplant and cut into small cubes and set aside
Peel and mince the Garlic and set aside
Chop up all your veggies (I sometimes add chopped tomatoes)
Heat Olive Oil in a skillet and add your veggies, salt, pepper and Adobo cook on medium heat until onions are translucent then add the garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes then add your tomato paste and mix well.
Last but not least add your eggplant and mix in and cover and cook on low for about 15-20 minutes stirring it a couple of times.