align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Montclair Vegans Message Board › Five Points RoundUP featuring GHOSTS, a new, Oscars-aspiring, vegan film

Five Points RoundUP featuring GHOSTS, a new, Oscars-aspiring, vegan film

A former member
Post #: 968
Howdy Herbivores.

I hope you are staying warm and wealthy, er, healthy this midAutumn.

Big thanks to my five November Lunch Bunch companions last weekend. We met at Kajitsu in Murray Hill - a little walk from Grand Central Station. Their company was wonderful. The restaurant's service was high caliber and the meal was quite, quite tasty. Definitely recommend this place. Looking forward to enjoying their multi-course dinner experience some time soon. And returning for lunch as well (whether a single or multi-course).

Kudos to the team behind Ghosts in Our Machine. This gorgeous and expressive pro-vegan movie enjoyed its U.S. premiere this past Friday night (a few doors up from Cafe Viva). As the team has set themselves up to qualify for an Oscar nomination, PLEASE support them by seeing the film AND spreading the word about it. Once again, I am saying 2014 is looking quite good for a vegan tipping point in this country.

Wednesday is the final NYC book event for world-renowned vegan desserts diva Fran Costigan and her latest greatness, Vegan Chocolate. I do hope a lot of you will come Wednesday, taste some of her work while checking out and buying this big, gorgeous book. This new work was created with Kate Lewis, an awesomely talented vegan photographer and food stylist. It's so beautiful I could cry. Really!

Then Saturday, keep your sweet groove going bopping over to Brooklyn for ­this month's Vegan Shop-Up.The ever-expanding Treeline Cheese will be there debutting its hard aged cheeses, Vegan O'Brien is back with pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, and plenty more vendors will join them. Like Vegan Drinks, this event is great for being with community in big numbers and seeing *so much* creativity in vegan food, beauty and other items that you can buy (for yourself and/or others).

Go 'head, grab a spot for ­the 2013 edition of Comfort Foods next Sunday. Would love to serve and and share some surprises with a bigger table! One could call this a pre-Thanksvegan dinner party potluck.

­November Vegan Drinks is a week earlier this (and next) month due to the Holidays. This is a great event to meet and reconnect with local vegans, while learning briefly about new initiatives, groups, etc. during 30 second announcements.

I hope many of you have noticed the many, many other vegan cookbooks that have come out this year, and will be gifting one/some to others.

My key source for vegan e-deals disappeared at the end of August, so be sure to keep a sharper eye out for those by way of Facebook friends and otherwise.

As always, I hope you find some, or even all, of the info shared useful. These newsletters are a labor of love and volunteer effort for sure.

Thank you for being here.
Demetrius

p.s. please let me know where you see the Califia Farms Holiday Nog for sale. Very EAGER to try it.