Montclair Vegans Message Board › Cookie Swap Recipes

Cookie Swap Recipes

user 8208735
Group Organizer
Montclair, NJ
Post #: 25
Hi Everyone,

If you were at the Christmas Cookie Swap, feel free to add your recipes to this thread.

Here's the cheese recipe:­

Chocolate Chip Candy Cane Cookies
• ½ cup vegetable oil
• 1 ½ cups sugar
• ½ cup non-dairy milk
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• ¼ teaspoon sea salt
• 8 regular-sized candy canes, crushed
• ¾ cup non-dairy chocolate chips

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Mix together oil, sugar, non-dairy milk and vanilla extra in a large bowl.
3. Mix in the flour, baking powder and salt until just incorporated. If the dough seems too dry, add a little more non-dairy milk.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips and crushed candy canes.
5. Roll dough into 1-inch balls, place on cookie sheet and flatten slightly. I like to use a melon baller to shape my cookies. Leave about 1 1/2” between each cookie.
6. Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until golden on the bottom and around the edges. Remove the cookies from baking sheet and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.

Saltines "Butter" Toffee
35 to 40 saltine crackers
1 cup (224 g) nondairy butter
1 cup (200 g) evaporated cane juice or sugar
2 cups (352 g) vegan chocolate chips
1 cup (120 g) chopped nuts (any nut will do!), or any of your favorite toppings

Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C, or gas mark 4). Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, and spray lightly with nonstick spray. Lay the crackers on the sheet in a single layer.
In a saucepot over medium heat, melt the butter and evaporated cane juice until completely dissolved. Pour evenly over the crackers.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until golden.
Carefully remove from the oven. Place on a flat surface, and immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly all over the crackers. Using a spreader or butter knife, spread the chocolate evenly over the crackers as it melts. Sprinkle with the nuts or other desired toppings.
Allow to cool and harden completely before breaking into pieces and packaging for gifts.
Yield: 35 to 40 pieces

user 16007441
Montclair, NJ
Post #: 7
Mexican Hot Chocolate Snickerdoodles

The recipe is from the book, "Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar" by Moskowitz and Romero. I made only slight modifications by reducing the oil, sugar and salt, and adding apple sauce and flax meal.

-John and Bridie
Theresa C.
user 94169972
Clifton, NJ
Post #: 4
Thumbprint Cookies
1/2 lb vegan butter
1/2 c brown sugar
2tbsp ground flax seed dissolved in 6 tbsp water
2 c. Flour
1c ground nuts
Fruit preserves for filling

Cream butter and sugar. Add flax mixture and beat for 1 minute. Add flour and mix until combined. Form into 30 equal sized balls. Roll in ground nuts. Put on baking sheet and use thumb to make impression in center. Fill with preserves. Bake 350 for 12-15 minutes.
Jackie M.
user 10170695
Cranford, NJ
Post #: 27

1 cup Gold Medal white whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup almond butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Almond Breeze almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips (or regular chocolate chips)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a Silpat baking mat or parchment paper and set aside.

2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.

2. With an electric or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the almond butter and brown sugar. Mix until light and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Mix in the almond milk and vanilla extract, scraping down the sides if necessary.

3. Turn the mixer to low and add the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Stir in the oats, dried cranberries, and chocolate chips.

4. Roll cookie dough into tablespoon balls and place on prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Gently flatten the dough balls with the palm of your hand. Bake cookies for 10 minutes or until they are set and golden brown around the edges. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
This is the link from two peas in a pod

Theresa C.
user 94169972
Clifton, NJ
Post #: 5
Dianne, I made all 3 recipes. I'm so excited because each one came out great. I'm bringing the cheese and toffee to Christmas Eve pot luck. We ate the cookies already. :) Thank you so much!
user 11494524
Bloomfield, NJ
Post #: 2
I know this is a little late...but here are the recipes.

Snifferdoodles (they will taste much better when you make them and follow the recipe b/c I think i forgot the sugar when I made them for the swap biggrin)

Dreen Burton's Snifferdoodles

And Isa Chandra Maskowitz's Sparled Ginger Cookies