Montclair Vegans Message Board › Bizeeeeeeee RoundUP (7/16/14) featuring Manhattan Shop-Ups, cooking competit

Bizeeeeeeee RoundUP (7/16/14) featuring Manhattan Shop-Ups, cooking competition & Seed discount

Demetrius
aqknight
Astoria, NY
Post #: 1,076
Well, hello there.

I may have become a bit, hmmmm, shall we say very INTO frozen treats lately. So much so I created a vegan frozen treats crawl and got myself a 16 Handles rewards card rocking and rolling! Plus a peach milkshake over in my Queens neighborhood - my how times have changed! (NO word on DF Mavens' East Village shop opening just yet.)

This is a shorter note as I'm still tackling those aforementioned tech concerns - email, blog, now phone, plus a bit beyond those. Luckily everything's working, if perhaps different than before or begrudgingly so. But gotta keep it mooovin'...

GustOrganics now celebrates Meatless Monday with ONLY vegan options to better fulfill their GREEN mission.

Vegan Shop-Up is expanding with three MORE events at Moo Shoes this Summer. The first one is Saturday, July 26th, Noon to 7 pm.

Guess what's back, being all clever and cheeky? It's The Vegan Cook-Off: Best Balls Competition, Sunday August 3, 2 pm! I hope to see a bunch of you there cooking, eating and/or winning. This includes all you former Veggie Conquest cooks too!

Please know The Seed is back for its third year, August 9 & 10. And welcomes us all to enjoy 50% off your tickets by buying them here!

Please be sure to any/all calendar of these events if you are attending. They may or may not be mentioned in the next RoundUP, particularly if they've already happened!

I'll work on the Bronx­ and Brooklyn­ picnic spots too. That info will come by way of the regular event notices.

Thanks to Rudy for reporting Indian veg spot Bhojan has closed. (Which is super weird and upsetting to me because I ate there barely three months ago. Ah well.)

How else are we supposed to know about veg spots closing (or opening)? Oh wait, are you all looking at me now!??

Two more questions for you all:

(1) What NYC veg spot is T H E MOST under the radar or underrated one ?
Asking because I'm curious, though very uncertain. Maybe it's Clementine Bakery in Brooklyn. Maybe it's longtimer Lan Cafe. Let's find out together.

(2) Money aside, what ONE veg spot would you most enjoy going to every month?
There are more than a handful for me with Beyond Sushi definitely being one of them.

OK, be well (fed).
Demetrius