add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Cleveland Vegans Meetup Group Message Board › Bulk-buying group

Bulk-buying group

Robert H.
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 1
Hey folks,

I'm interested in joining a bulk buying group and was wondering if anyone 1) is already a member of one that they like or 2) would be interested in starting a new one. If you're not familiar with the concept, basically a group of people buy goods in large quantities to take advantage of wholesale prices, bulk packaging and freight shipping, then divide up the products. I'm mainly I'm interested in organic staples like rice, beans, grains, dried fruit, nuts, etc.
user 12630008
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 1
I'm not a member of such a group, but am certainly interested in all the things you have listed.
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 4
I would also be interested in doing this. I am part of a group that does produce and health care items, but I do not know of a group doing staples. I think that it works best if everyone lives or works in the same general geographic area. I am on the west side of CLE.
user 29945812
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 5
Could this be what you're looking for?

Robert H.
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 2
Ok, this thread has had many lurkers and few replies, but let's give this a trial run. I want to buy some Soy Curls. Purchased in a 12 lb. box, they are $5.08/lb. I'll buy 3 lbs. worth, and I need to find people to buy the remainder. Reply to this thread if you are interested. If critical mass is achieved, I'll make the order, set up a meeting location for distribution and you can pay when picking up. I'll bring a scale, you bring a container.