Announcing a new Meetup for Vegans for Action Monthly Potluck/Lecture series!
What: Vegan Potluck!
When: August 23,[masked]:00 PM
810 Clay St
Oakland, CA 94607
Our next meetup will be a vegan potluck on Sunday, August 23rd at 6 PM
. Come join the community in an evening of great conversation and great food! Family and friends, vegan and non-vegan, are invited and welcome. Out of respect for our animal friends, all food at the potluck is to be vegan.
We strongly believe veganism should be accessible to all. African Americans, Latinas/Latinos, Native Americans, Asians, Asian Americans -- all those who make up our vibrant community are invited and welcome to all events. If you have any accessibility requests, please send Miranda and Victor a note.
What and who to bring:
- A vegan dish (no meat, eggs, dairy or honey) to share with a serving utensil. Please contact us if you'd like suggestions of what to bring.
- A plate, cup, napkin and set of utensils.
- Curious friends and family.
- An open mind and a readiness to have a good time!
A few additional notes:
- A microwave is available for heating up food. We also have access to a sink to wash dishes in.
- We ask that you please avoid wearing fragrance or using scented products, including clothing laundered with fragranced detergent or softening products, when attending this meeting. This will help make the meetings more accessible to those with MCS (Multiple Chemical Sensitivities).
- Children are invited and welcome to the meeting! We do not have child care, but there are adjoining rooms that you may accompany your child to if he or she gets antsy.
- BART: Exit at the 12th St/City Center station. Walk on Broadway towards the lower numbered streets, turn right on 8th St and walk 1 1/2 blocks. The entrance to the building will be on your right, between Washington St and Clay St, directly across from the Dragon City Laundromat.
- Click here for driving directions. The entrance is on 8th St directly across from the Dragon City Laundromat. Limited free parking is available in the lot attached to the building by the Clay St entrance. Plentiful street parking is available on surrounding streets (free on Sundays).
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/vegans/calendar/11054563/