addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Tucson Vegan Meetup Message Board › Veganic/Organic/Local Food

Veganic/Organic/Local Food

Deb T.
siriusintucson
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 13
Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to let you know that Sunizona Farms in Wilcox Az has a "farmbox" program.
The fruits/vegetables are grown not only organically, but VEGANICALLY.
They also have a bakery/baked goods.
Deliveries can be made weekly or every other week, and there are numerous "pickup" locations to choose from.
The price(s) are very reasonable, especially considering what you are receiving.
All the info you need is on their website.
I just received my 4th farmbox yesterday and I am very pleased with it, as I have been with the previous ones also.
Has anyone been to the Farmer's Market at the Loft yet?
Deb
Melissa A.
user 64501522
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 1
I can second this! We've been getting the farmbox since last fall and love their produce (awesome kale!). And the veggie meetup at Sunizona last fall is how I found out about this group. smile

I haven't checked out the farmers market at the Loft yet, but may this weekend. I'm not usually in Tucson on weekends, so I don't get to shop farmers markets often and the farmbox has been a lifesaver.
Ben B
Organizer-Ben
Group Organizer
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 7
Yes! Great recommendation Deb!

I've been getting the farm box weekly for 6 months now. It's all great stuff but I'm a big fan of the red beets, kale, tomatoes, pizza crusts, the sliced bread is amazing. I just do a custom box. Also the selection will grow now that spring is upon us.

Next fall they are supposed to do another farm day tour, you can see some pics and info about the last one we had at:
http://www.meetup.com/veggies/events/80595172/­

I haven't gone to the Loft's farmers market... they actually recommended I setup a table there and pass out flyers for the movie nights!
Deb T.
siriusintucson
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 14
Ben do you need help in passing out flyers?