You can spare 5 animals a lifetime of misery simply by taking about 5 minutes to do some easy online activism.
Surveys show that if we provide free vegetarian starter kits to 5 people they will reduce their consumption of animal products enough to average 5 animals' lives saved!
So you can just spend a few minutes to post a classified ad online offering people free vegetarian starter kits. When people respond to your ad then you simply input their information into an online form so we can send them a starter kit. (Or if you like, mail them a kit yourself.)
Please note: this program works best if we don't all post ads at the same time. So even though this is scheduled as a meetup to occur at a certain date and time, you can do it anytime!
Here's how you do it...
1. Go to an online classified ad website like Craigslist. Log in if you have an account. Then choose to post a classified ad by going to the "for sale" section and choose "post" from the upper right.
2. Choose your hometown or a city where you have friends or family. It needs to be a place you call yourself a local. Make sure it's in the USA. (NOT Las Vegas. We already have that one covered.)
3. Go to post an ad (probably in the "free stuff" section or similar section of the website you're using.) In the "posting title" section type something similar to but not exactly: "Free Vegetarian Starter Pack" or "Free Vegan Beginner Kit."
4. In the description section write something along the lines of this: "We have a free Vegetarian Starter Pack we would love to send you - it has recipes, nutrition and health information, product tips, and a lot more! Just email me your mailing address and we'll put a Veg Starter Pack in the mail for you!" Be creative and write something unique that means the same as the above.
5. Make sure you've filled everything out (including your email) and then choose "continue" at the bottom of the page. Follow the rest of the directions from the website (making sure to verify your posting by the email they send you).
6. Over the next few days you will receive email responses to your ad. Copy and paste the names and mailing addresses that people email you into the form here: vegasveg.com/free-veg-guide.html and then choose "submit."
It's that easy!
Thank you for helping to save animals' lives and spare them from suffering. Thank you taking part in this virtual event!
If your ad gets flagged or removed, you may want to check the website's TOS. If everything looks good, then just repost your ad. Chances are, someone is just being mean and flaging things that are perfectly acceptable.