One of the best ways to promote vegetarianism is to provide opportunities for people to discover it themselves. All you need is some space. There are tons of places where you can leave veg booklets free for the taking.
Here are some examples of places were you can leaf veg leaflets:
- city/county libraries (leave a large stack)
- college and high school libraries (leave a small stack)
- waiting rooms (stash a few between the magazines)
- laundromats (leave a small stack)
- community recreation centers (leave a few with the other flyers and magazines)
- bulletin boards (pin one or two onto the board)
For the libraries, we set up a volunteer sign-up sheet. It's online here: http://www.volunteersignup.org/... Please sign up to do a library!
Sometime this week can you leave a small stack of booklets at one or more of these locations? If you have permission to leave the leaflets then leave a stack of about 25-50. If you did not ask then just leave one or two leaflets (do not leave a stack unless you have permission).
Here is a video about how to do this outreach: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX3gESOl7wQ
If you do not have booklets already, please arrange to get the booklets ahead of time so you can go out and do this on your own schedule! Please email me (Elaine) at vegan @ ooshee dot com. I have a variety of booklets that you can choose from. Or you can order your own (I can email you a list of links).
Note: You can do this at ANY TIME or DAY.