Kansas City's Vegan & Vegetarian Meetup Group Message Board › Vegetarian Options at Kauffman Stadium

Vegetarian Options at Kauffman Stadium

Jamie
user 9273486
Kansas City, KS
Post #: 6
Dear friends,

PETA recently encouraged its members to write to the staff at Kauffman urging them to provide more vegetarian options at its concession stands. I did just this. Here is the response I got back after less than a week - VERY IMPRESSIVE! (We should do a meetup at a Royals game this Spring, by the way)

Thank you for your recent email requesting that we consider a more expanded vegetarian menu here at Kauffman Stadium next season. Based upon customer feedback, we have decided to enhance our vegetarian offerings and I would like to share with you our new additions planned for this year. I have also included many items which we carried last season and you might not have been fully aware of.

In 2010 you will see several new items that fans should find as pleasant additions to this important food category. The first is our new “Burrito Concept”. These are made to order and can be made without meat. This burrito concept will be conveniently located on two concourse carts located approximately at sections 232 on the first base side, and 223 on the third base side of the Plaza Level. This item will be similar to concepts seen at Chipotle or Baja Fresh.

In addition, we will also offer a vegetarian hot dog and a vegetarian hamburger option at our 3-pack concession stands. These stands are conveniently located at sections 221 and 234 on the Plaza Level concourse, and 417 and 422 on the View Level upper concourse. We will also carry the vegetarian burger in Rivals Sports Bar.

We will still be carrying the following vegetarian options from last season.

· Loaded Nacho (ask for no meat)

· Baked Potato

· Iceberg Wedge Salad at Rival’s

· Chop House Salad at Rival’s

· Cheese Pizza

· Mac N Cheese for kids

· Cheese Bites

· Popcorn, Pretzels, Peanuts, Nachos, Ice Cream, Brownies

We appreciate your feedback and we hope that these changes will make your visit to Kauffman Stadium more enjoyable.

Sincerely,

KEVIN M. UHLICH

Senior Vice President, Business | Kansas City Royals

p: 816.504.4035 | f: 816.504.4197 | m: 816.877.5550

Kauffman Stadium | One Royal Way | Kansas City, MO 64129
Amanda P.
madplatter13
Kansas City, MO
Post #: 102
Yay!!
Michael J.
SplitInfinity
Group Organizer
Blue Springs, MO
Post #: 10
Very cool, glad to hear they're being responsive and adding some options. Personally I'm not all that interested in organizing a meetup at a baseball game, and the food sounds good for a baseball game, but hardly Blue Koi... If any of the other organizers are so inclined... it could be fun.
A former member
Post #: 2
Cool, but, I'm not that interested in meeting up at Royals stadium (I live a few blocks from there...). But I love it when places start offering vegetarian choices...now if I can only get the Eaglewood resort in the outskirts of Chicago, where I go to conferences at, to offer tastey vegetarian choices.....maybe that's a job for PETA.

Blue koi is one of my favorites,. When I do chart audits at KU med center....I get to go eat at the blue Koi.

--Rhonda
Carolyn
Carolyn_vla
Kansas City, MO
Post #: 5
How fantastic! My original hometown team's stadium (Citizen's Bank Park in Philadelphia) has been consistently voted the best veg*n ballpark in the U.S. , so I'm happy to have it here as well. (Now if only the Royals can get as good as the Phillies have been lately!) I really enjoy baseball but it stinks to be left out of the ballpark food (which really is part of the experience.)

Any word on which of these offerings are vegan? The burrito concept sounds promising, and veggie dogs at stadiums I believe are usually vegan (though they might vary). I think the buns and the burgers would be the most up in the air to me.
Hope J.
user 102532782
Traverse City, MI
Post #: 1
Anyone know how this played out, any follow ups?