Hello lovely veggie people,
Please join us for dinner and/or drinks at Tibits from 6.30pm onwards on Friday 12th July 2013.
New members welcome as always.
Tibits is in Heddon Street which is off of Regent Street.
Nearest tubes are Oxford Circus and Piccadilly Circus.
PLEASE ensure you keep your reply up to date - we only have 40 spots available for this meetup as there are also a couple of other smaller bookings by other people.
When you arrive please grab a label to write your name on - if its your first time (and you're happy to be identified as a first timer) you can also have a dot to put on your label! This is a brilliant system instigated by Julie - newbies are able to identify each other (there are usually quite a few of you) and oldies can ensure they introduce themselves to newbies. Of course, if you'd prefer not to wear a label or a dot that's fine too! We're very easy-going!
When you arrive (depending on how hungry you are) you might want to first come downstairs to say hello to some people – and grab a name label and/or dot, if you want one.
We don’t all sit down to eat at the same time (and some of us don’t eat) so if you want to eat, whenever you’re ready you can just go upstairs and help yourself to whatever you fancy from the food boat.
There’s a great selection of very tasty food, but if you’re on a budget please be aware that you pay for your food according to its weight and it can get quite pricey if you’re not careful. It’s not unusual for a good plateful to cost £12 to £15 (I’ve even known people pay around £17).
Take your plate of food to the bar/counter/till where you will be asked to put it on the scales and will be told how much to pay.
- To minimise the time your hot food spends on your plate before it gets to your mouth (i.e. spends cooling down) - you might want to go around the food boat choosing the cold foods at the bottom first and put the hot foods on your plate last.
- All the food in Tibits is vegetarian – if it has a V symbol it’s vegan
- There are other symbols but I’m afraid I still don’t know what they mean – just ask the lovely staff if you have any special dietary requirements
- Help yourself to a FREE bread roll and remember not to put it on your plate (otherwise you’ll pay for it if the staff don’t notice it there).
- Some of us drink alcohol, others don’t
- There’s free tap water from a fountain/tap in front of you as you walk in – on the left just before the stairs - there should be glasses on the shelf (if not ask at the bar)
- Cutlery will be given to you when you pay
- There is a lift for anyone with mobility/stair issues but it’s painfully slow (it’s actually a large dumb waiter) it’s near the food boat – you need to keep your hand on the down/up button for it to move. Please only use this if you need to.
- I’m sure this won’t need saying for most of you lovely people, but just in case: if you are sitting down but have already eaten and see someone with food and nowhere to sit – please do the right thing and let them have your seat (at least while they eat)!
- We don't have the whole of downstairs this time as there are a couple of other bookings so please make sure the person you're chatting to is part of the meetup and that you're not interrupting their evening - most of us will have name labels!
- Finally, lettuce doesn’t weigh much per square inch, potatoes do! ;o)
I think that's it, any questions just ask in the comments section below.
Look forward to seeing you all.