A Big welcome to all the new folks joining! It seems our group is just growing by leaps and bounds and that is great news! We want to make sure we are keeping you all in the loop with just enough info but not too much that we're overfilling your inbox! Here are some of our group members' "pages" that include Facebook pages, blogs, ongoing articles, restaurants, etc....so whatever works for you. We have just had so much going on since the last Veg Fest this last May that it's getting overwhelming to keep everyone in the loop! So this is your recap/one stop shop with info. Please forgive if I've forgotten anyone!
"Pop up" restaurant establishments of our
* The Wandering Buddha in Bywater at Hi Ho Lounge~ amazing vegan korean food http://www.facebook.com/thewanderingbuddha
* Superfood Bar Vegan Brunches at Grits uptown~ Every Sunday with changing menu (mostly gluten free) http://www.facebook.com/pages/Superfood-Bar-Vegan-Brunch/268285793214747
* O!Vegasm/Dream a little Green collaboration in Bywater at St. Roch Tavern~ ongoing Sunday brunches and now operating dinners all nights except Sunday and Monday http://www.facebook.com/ovegasm
* Naturally N'awlins~ vegan soul food, various locations including catering: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Naturally-Nawlins-Vegan-Cuisine-LLC/175473022511290
"Brick and Mortar" Resaurants/Cafes:
* Santa Fe Tapas on lower St. Charles~ Saturday Live Jazz Vegan brunches by the fireplace with vegan dinner menu items coming soon!
* Cafe Carmo in Central business district downtown~ Brazilian food with many vegan options http://www.facebook.com/pages/Carmo/122682984417159
* Superfood Bar Uptown~ our very own mostly Raw and vegan smoothie and superfood bar http://www.facebook.com/pages/Superfood-Bar/150834878322780
Our Facebook pages to stay up to date!
* Vegan New Orleans : one stop shop of all things Vegan in Nola! http://www.facebook.com/VeganNewOrleans
* Vegan Drinks New Orleans : a monthly social cocktail event at rotating bars to network and have fun http://www.facebook.com/nolavegandrinks
* Nola Veggie Fest Community FB page : http://www.facebook.com/NolaVeggieFest?ref=ts
Member blogs, etc:
* New Orleans in Green restaurant reviews: http://www.neworleansingreen.blogspot.com/
* Bistro Katie~ meal planning, recipes, cooking classes, personal chef : http://bistrokatie.com
and Bistro Katie FB page: http://www.facebook.com/bistrokatie
* Vegan New Orleans restaurant reviews: http://www.veganneworleans.com/
* New Orleans Vegan Examiner articles (Please subscribe!!!) ~ article reviews on all things vegan in Nola http://www.examiner.com/vegan-in-new-orleans/derek-goodwin
If anyone has any suggestions please send them my way! We have started various cooking classes so will resume those in the new year for those of you looking to learn about the veg lifestyle and improving your cooking skills. We will also be showing
movies relating to vegan and eco topics so stay tuned. Together we can build a better community!!
Hope to see many of you at the Holiday party on the 16th at Santa Fe Tapas!!
all the best,