addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The New Orleans Vegetarian Meetup Message Board › Potential Cooking Workshop in New Orleans with Vegan Chef Mark Reinfeld

Potential Cooking Workshop in New Orleans with Vegan Chef Mark Reinfeld

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Everyone,

Chef Mark Reinfeld, founder of Blossoming Lotus restaurant on Kawaii and author of Vegan Fusion, the 30-Minute Vegan, and other cookbooks, does 10-day vegan cooking intensives and 2-day workshops around the country, and is interested in doing one in New Orleans.

So I'm trying to see if there is any interest and, most importantly, to see about finding a location for a workshop in New Orleans.

For a 10-day intensive, which is typically held M-F for two consecutive weeks, we need a kitchen with enough counter space to fit 8 cutting boards. For a 2-day weekend workshop, we need a kitchen space big enough for 12 chairs.

If the event is held at someone's house, the host would get to participate in the workshop for free.

I recently participated in the 10-day intensive with Mark in Seattle, and it was really great.

Let me know if you know of a space for such a workshop, or if you have any questions.

For more information about Mark, see http://veganfusion.co...­ and http://veganfusion.wo...­.

See you soon,

Katie Lavoie Cain
Jehan
user 7165804
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 27
I met Mark when I owned a health food store in Seattle, he even signed a cookbook for me that I sadly can't find anymore :(
Ask Gary and Elizabeth, that is where we have had all our cooking demonstrations and a large portion of our events. I would bet anything Gary would be totally game since he's opening a vegan and raw restaurant soon!!