addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The New Orleans Vegetarian Meetup Message Board › is anybody vegan?

is anybody vegan?

A former member
Post #: 2
i hope i dont stick out like a sore thumb :(
A former member
Post #: 3
I am a vegan.
I think most everyone else is vegetarian.
A former member
Post #: 1
I am vegan also. I know at least one of the meetups was a pre set menu and it was not vegan, so I didn't attend. I think most of the other meetups have been at restaurants where vegan options were available. I haven't made it to any get togethers yet because of schedule conflicts. The only way it would be a problem I think is if they do some kind of pot luck where people are using dairy in their dishes.
A former member
i am Vegan. currently.. i mean i'm not sure about bee pollen.. the last thing.

i'm also about 80% raw. i just came back from the Raw Spirit Fest in Sedona AZ and bought 4 sprouters and about to get a dehydrator, blender, and water ioniser.. really big into alkaline salt water.

i was just at a big vegan pot luck and although it was vegan, i wouldn't say it was healthy.
A former member
Me, too! I follow a vegan diet – in addition, I don’t eat nightshade vegetables and I don’t add oil to anything. I’m learning about macrobiotics and am trying to apply its principles to the diet plan I worked out for myself.

I hope CalebKent will tell us about his experience at the Raw Spirit Fest in Sedona and about sprouting and about alkaline salt water. I am envious of anyone who was able to participate in that festival!

Recently I bought seeds for sprouting from Vitacost.com – just happened to notice them while ordering something else and added them to my cart – and have been enjoying growing and eating my fresh sprouts. I had wire mesh sprouting lids from many years ago and they still worked well. My husband doesn’t follow my diet plan but he does enjoy adding our fresh sprouts to his sandwiches. Online I found Sproutpeople.com and ordered a sprouting kit for my nine-year-old grandson’s birthday present. Science-minded, he really enjoys growing sprouts and is actually eating them, too.

We’re finally back after five weeks in Texas following our mandatory evacuation from St. Charles Parish. CalebKent’s post is motivating me to unpack and find my sprouting jar and seeds and get another batch underway!

Metta,

Happy
A former member
Post #: 5
Hey vegans or vegetarians or anyone who is interested but they do have a vegan meetup.
Please check out their website. I attended their last meetup and it was great!

http://www.nolatvp.co...­
A former member
Post #: 3
I am vegan! Trying to shed the last bit of leather luggage and desire for baked goods. I have found some good cookies-Uncle Eddie's Vegan Cookies. I try to do fresh fruit and veggie juices, veggie soups, a little soy and a grainy cereal every day. Oh, and lots of water and herbal tea.
A former member
I am ethical vegan I've found that there are several restaurants in New Orleans that have vegan menu options (e.g. Lola's, Mat 'n Naddies) and that most chefs are willing to create something off-menu when requested. I also recommend the new vegan cook book, Skinny Bitch in the Kitch for some great recipes (my fave is the enchiladas). You can also order a free vegan starter kit or find other great vegan recipes at: http://www.goveg.com/...­ . I'm about to make a vegan pumpkin cheesecake....yum.
Kelly E. L.
JazzysMama
New Orleans, LA
I am!
A former member
Post #: 5
I am a sensible fruitarian and a fruitarian abolitionist but vegetarianism is the first step... OK...