addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The New Orleans Vegetarian Meetup Message Board › Vegetarian Blog - Local Restaurant Review

Vegetarian Blog - Local Restaurant Review

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi I'm Jo and I recently joined this Meetup group. I wanted to get some feedback on here about an idea that I have had for quite some time. I eat often, at least once a week. My partner and I try to hit up all the local best and a different place each time we go out. However, being a vegetarian has its challenges. What I would like to do is start a Nola Vegetarian Blog where I rate local restaurants on their vegetarian friendliness. I rate their options, the food itself, and all associated with the experience. What I would like to know is:
1. Is this a good idea and something that people would be interested in?
2. Is this already out there?
3. What would be the best venue to publish my findings (Facebook, blogspot, etc)?
Please provide your feedback and any suggestions. I am very anxious to get started!!

Thank you!!

- Jo
Kathleen N.
user 9624639
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 1

Jo, I think it's a good idea though I don't know if someone else is doing this. I would suggest you think vegan vs vegetarian so that it will be useful to more people. Thanks for your generosity!
A former member
Post #: 2
Thanks Kathleen. Good point.
Jehan
user 7165804
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 26
I think it's a great idea! I'm always at a loss where to eat besides the 5 places I keep rotating. I'm very interested in vegan myself. Thanks for thinking of this.
Mary (.
user 12121384
Mandeville, LA
Post #: 10
I like your idea. I will be sure to read it. A good thing to try and I catch people doing this all the time...you order something like a salad that comes with bacon bits in it. I have received the salad back and have found bacon in it! Its because they (the cook and or wait staff) will attempt to pick out the bacon instead of just making a new salad. They try to be sneaky so they do not have to make another salad. I worked in restaurants for just about 12 years and as a younger person I admit to having done that to peoples food as well. :< I know shame on me!

Mimi