align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The New Orleans Vegetarian Meetup Message Board › GOURMET VEGAN FOOD at Mat & Naddies Restaurant

GOURMET VEGAN FOOD at Mat & Naddies Restaurant

Jonah F.
user 9284886
New Orleans, LA
Post #: 1
Greetings All,

Mat & Naddies Restaurant, located at 937 Leonidas St. in New Orleans, is currently serving a three course VEGAN Gourmet dinner with wine pairing for $59 and $34 without wine.

Last night Suneeta and I thoroughly enjoyed our experience. The appetizer is was a savory curried banana dish, something that I had never before tried. The main course was an Ethiopian influenced lentil, potato, and garbanzo bean dish served with a light injera bread, very tasty. For desert, I was pleasantly surprised with the phyllo dough layered with berries and vegan custard.

For those that want cheese, they also offer a separate three course vegetarian dinner. When we asked the manager what prompted them to do a three course vegan dinner with wine pairing, she replied "because Vegans never get the chance to experience that." She's right. Unless you are in New York or other big cities, we certainly don't.

They will only be running this dinner for about another month. So if you can save up your dollars and support a fine dining restaurant that is supporting us, maybe other restaurants will take notice and follow.

Happy 4th!!!

Jonah