The San Francisco Vegetarian Meetup Message Board › Ageism AND Censorship?! Wow.

Ageism AND Censorship?! Wow.

A former member
Post #: 58
Got this msg. informing me that my first RSVP commentary had been deleted. I re-entered my thoughts. Wonder if they'll be "allowed" this time. As a generalization, most veg*ns tend to support free speech and encourage an open exchange of ideas -- among all types of people.
======================================­=============================

Dear Wendy,

The Assistant Organizer of The San Francisco Vegetarian Meetup
has removed your RSVP for Gracias Madre for being in your 20s
on April 16, 2010.
To see the current details for this Meetup, check here:
http://www.meetup.com...­

If you have any questions about this, please contact your
organizer here:
http://www.meetup.com...­

Best regards,
The Team at Meetup HQ
A former member
Post #: 1
I find this all incredibly sad. I recently attended a meet-up and though it was for singles, I wasn't looking to get laid, just to meet some interesting people, have some inspiring conversation and taste some good healthy food. I expected to see what is happening in the vegetarian community, maybe discuss the pros and cons of eating raw, gluten, toxic body burdens, who knows.... things that matter

NOT

I was astonished to experience people who acted as though I wasn't even there. When I tried to make conversation they looked at me like "whose Mom are you?" One guy was so intent on talking about nothing with a 20 year old that he literally stood right in front of me and eventually excluded me from the conversation - no loss, it was ridiculous genital chatter. But I have to say, it did not feel good. Maybe I was more sad to realize that these people had nothing to say and were really boring.

I won't bother to belong to this group. I left that event realizing for the first time that I too, now, am a victim of age discrimination. How shallow and honestly, quite painful. It took me by surprise. What if I have some "hot chick" daughter that you might want to hit on, then would you be nice to me? I am disgusted at the lack of depth by apparently many more people than I ever imagined. It's not worth me giving it any more of my emotion, there are SO many important things in life.

I just want to make sure that the 20's people and any other age that isn't OLD all know that one day, YOU too will be "old". You have no idea who I am, my life experience, my world travels, accomplishments, training, the people I know, my experience in all kinds of nutritional and food related environments.

I expected more in the Bay Area but when it comes to genitals, I guess the competition is really tough. Shame on you young ones! I'd say get a life, but getting laid is probably more important - go for it !