addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

San Francisco Vegan Events Message Board › Website with food restrictions seeks Veggie developer

Website with food restrictions seeks Veggie developer

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi all -

I know this is a little off-topic, but hopefully someone out there is/knows a Developer who with think it interesting:

I've been a vegetarian for years, and last November was diagnosed with some strange food allergies (yeast, peppers, eggs, dairy). Great for my health to eliminate them, but really tough to find recipes that i could cook, or others could cook for me. There are lots of websites with recipes for vegetarians, people with celiac disease, people who avoid dairy, but its hard to mix and match. As it turns out, Im not alone: there are 90Million people with some sort of food restriction - they are lactose intolerant (30-50M adults), vegetarian (7M), Celiac (3M) or have some other food allergy (12M). Current recipe websites make it tough for this huge market - and the people who cook for them - to find food everyone at the table can enjoy.

The plan for a new website: people can create quick profiles, attach them to a virtual table, and then search for recipes that exclude foods based on the table's collective preferences and restrictions. I think this is a compelling idea because the basic model serves as the foundation for a number of viral mechanics, 2.0 marketing techniques and crowdsourced development of the search algorithm. The early adopter market is large, self-identified, and very active online. And there is broad utility for the product even for people who dont have a food allergy themselves.

I'm looking for a cofounder/lead developer with whom to build a minimum viable product, execute fast pivots based on feedback and build the product. There are some interesting challenges in building a smart search bot, data modeling, quickly building/testing/modifying community and viral features, and going mobile. As for me, I have one online startup under my belt, an MBA from Stanford, three years of product strategy, online marketing and community management experience, and this is my only project at the moment. I think there are several ways to monetize and minimum competition if we move quickly.

If you have any interest, please let me know!
Thanks
Claire

chunsaker at gmail.com