The Ann Arbor Vegan Meetup Group - Sponsored by VegMichigan Message Board › Screenings + discussion (looking to start)

Screenings + discussion (looking to start)

Courtney K.
user 8833652
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 9
Hi all,
I was wondering if you guys would be interested in attending screenings of animal rights-themed documentaries and other media and having discussion with light vegan refreshments afterwards. I would like to find people who are interested in spreading the animal rights-based or abolitionist vegan message through engaging in and appreciating wonderful work that has been produced over the years. Some include Vegucated, From Farm to Fridge, Forks Over Knives, Peaceable Kingdom, The Witness, Blackfish, and a powerful documentary I watched when I was in film school called Our Daily Bread. In addition, we would view PSAs and discuss their effectiveness, based on our own reactions and feelings toward them vis a vis our immediate community and what we know based on past experiences with our non-vegan peers.
My hope is to, long term, bring in non vegans for screenings and get a real dialogue going and therefore learn what is effective messaging and the value of animal rights media. Therefore fellow organizers would enjoy this if they already had a passion for spreading the vegan message based on their animal rights convictions, not just health goals and such.
I am new to this area so I would need help finding locations to screen. Please respond if you'd like to help out. This initiative can be part of this vegan Meetup or a separate group, depending on the Organizer's feelings on it.
Thanks,
Courtney