Join us for a VegSarasota Thanksgiving Potluck !
This will be a family friendly, 100% vegan time to share with like-minded people.
Thanks to the kindness of a few, we can make this potluck a FREE potluck to celebrate Thanksgiving. Free however means you have to cook a yummy VEGAN dish (serves 8-10 per adult) and your help is needed! Details are below!
A few important rules to make this fun and easy for everyone!
• 1. Bring a vegan dish serving 8-10, using the guidelines below (all the way at the bottom). New to the plant-based/vegan scene? Try our Pinterest board for ideas.
• 2. Because of the location, it’s a cash bar only. So instead of a six pack, come early and bring a centerpiece for the table. They will have beer, wine and coconut water available for purchase.
• 3. Bring your own dishes please! Glasses, plates and silverware. Napkins will be provided.
• 4. If coming late, please opt to bring a dessert/snack.
• 5. Bring gear to take your leftovers home!
In honor of the season, in addition to your potluck dish , we invite you to bring canned/dry goods for a VegSarasota food drive. There are many in our community who will be hungry this holiday season.
If you love VegSarasota, or if you just want to help us spread the word about the many good reasons to follow a plant based diet, donations will be gratefully accepted. Funds allow us to have our website, purchase materials for awareness events, and often pay deposits for meeting spaces & things like this event!
The Details: please read them all!
Date: Sunday November 24th Where: Fogartyville Cafe
When: Doors open: 3pm, Dinner 3:30pm-5:30pm, Games, music and good times 5:30 – 7:30pm
What to Bring:
Please bring a vegan dish to share (serves 6-8)! All inclusive plant based and vegan means no meat, no dairy (no milk, butter or cheese), no eggs, no gelatin, no honey. Please print the recipe or provide an ingredient list please for those w/ food allergies please!).
For maximum variety, please post below what you intend to bring. We suggest:
• If your last name is A-D please bring an appetizer/finger food.
• If your last name is E-H please bring a salad to share.
• If your last name is I-O please bring a main to share.
• If your last name is P-S please bring a side to share.
• If your last name is T-Z please bring a dessert to share.
Bring your own dishes please! Glasses, plates and silverware! Napkins will be provided. Cash for the cash bar. Sorry folks, no BYOB as part of the rental agreement, but they will have beer, wine and coconut water available for purchase. What's provided: napkins, water, tea, tables, chairs, cash bar, and a fun atmosphere!