addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

VegSarasota Vegetarian & Vegan Meetup Group Message Board › ** Recipes ** - Let This be the forum to post recipes.

** Recipes ** - Let This be the forum to post recipes.

A former member
Post #: 77
Spinach & Cream Pasta Casserole

Serves 4

Pasta
3 or 4 zucchinis, peeled & spiralized

Make linguine size pasta with the help of a spiral slicer. (Although any type/size would work well too.)

Sauce
1 cup cashews and/or macadamias
1/2 to 3/4 cup water (depending on desired thickness)
1 garlic clove
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tsp salt

Grind nuts until fine then add other ingredients and blend until smooth.

Marinated Spinach
2 cups spinach, thinly sliced (or more, to taste)
1/2 tbs olive oil
1/2 tbs oregano
1/8 tsp salt

Place all ingredients in a bowl and massage to wilt the spinach.

Marinated Criminis
1 cup crimini mushrooms, sliced

Toss mushrooms in a little olive oil and tamari, and let marinate for at least 1 hr.

Assembly
Toss the noodles with the sauce. Gently fold in the spinach and half of the marinated mushrooms (save the rest for garnish).

Place mixture in a dish.

Top with remaining mushrooms.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour (OR .... this dish can be eaten RAW!)

Cheryl C.
CherylChaffee
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 10
Ashley
user 5858808
Venice, FL
Post #: 1
Vegan Overnight Oats with Strawberry Banana Softserve
So you mix 1/2 c oats, 1 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup Amaziing Grass Chocolate Powder and 1 T chia seeds. It goes in the fridge overnight.
In the morning throw a frozen banana, 3 strawberries and a spoonful of almond butter in a food processor. If you need to add a little almond or soy milk to help the blender that works too.
You can layer the oat mixture and softserve or just pour the softserve over the oats. Top with some Cocoa nibs.

Soo yummy!
Ward P.
user 19255791
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 4
Quinoa & Craisins

Serves 2 as side dish, 1 as entree

Soak 1/2 cup quinoa in water for 1/2 hour. Rinse thoroughly after soak. Sautee until dry.

Sautee 1/4 cup of sliced almonds til slightly browned.

Bring 3/4 cup "chicken" broth to boil.

Add quinoa, almonds, 1/4 cup of craisins and 1/2 cinnamon stick to broth. Return to boil, then simmer for 20-30 minutes.

Fluff to serve for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Alessandra
user 6244384
Sarasota, FL
Vegan Mushroom and Kale Quiche, by Alessandra 2011

For a 9" round or square quiche

Crust:
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/3 cup chickpea flour (or other)
½ teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup oil (coconut, olive, or other)
1/3 cup cold water

* Mix dries in food processor. Pulse in liquids just until a ball is formed. If needed, add 1-2 tablespoons of extra flour if dough is still sticky. Refrigerate dough before stretching on greased pan. Pinch with a fork and partially bake it empty for 8-10 minutes at 350 F.

Quiche Filling:
1 lb firm or extra firm tofu
1.5 cups cooked (boiled or baked) winter squash (red kuri, egg corn or other orange or any other favorite pumpkin)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1-2 tsp salt (or to taste)
3-4 garlic cloves
2 tablespoon flour
2-4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
Spices: ½ teaspoon turmeric, ½ - 1 teaspoon ground ginger, pepper, fresh herbs or other favorite spices.
1.5 - 2 cups chopped kale (without stems) (or spinach)
¼ - ½ cup dried mushrooms (porcini or any flavorful kind)

* Rinse mushrooms and boil them in a little water to soften. Drain them reserving the water and chop them in small ½" pieces.
* Steam kale.
* In food processor (or blender), chop garlic cloves first, and then add in tofu, squash, oil, flour, spices, nutritional yeast. If needed for blending, add a couple of tablespoons of liquid (water or soy milk) but only enough to blend well without making it too runny.
* In a bowl, combine the kale, mushrooms and tofu mix. Taste and adjust with extra salt or spices as needed.
* Place filling into the partially baked crust and return to the oven at 350F for about 60 minutes. Test with fork that interior is not runny. It should be ready with top starts to lightly brown and interior should be moist but not runny.
* Tip: Filling veggies can be changed to potentially anything such as asparagus, fresh mushrooms or whatever you feel like. Enjoy exploring!

Helene
user 4573513
Naples, FL
Post #: 75
Has anyone found a vegan recipe on http://www.vegweb.com­ that they made and turned out very good?
A former member
Hey all! These all look like great recipes.

www.vegweb.com is a huge online forum of vegan recipes. You can submit, rate, and review recipes and it's completely free. When I first went vegan, it was a life-saver.

:)
A former member
Post #: 143
http://ivu.org/recipe...­ from around the world
Paul C.
user 77279092
Sarasota, FL
Recipe for Vegan Chili from a Friend of mine has become a favorite.

1 Lg. onion – chopped
1 green pepper – chopped (I prefer red or yellow)
1 cup celery – chopped
2 cloves garlic – chopped fine
3 cans diced tomatoes (I use various spiced ones from Hunts or DelMonte)
3 cans pinto beans – rinsed
1 or 2 packages of soy crumbles (I prefer Bocca)
Fresh cilantro – chopped
1 tsp. vinegar
2 Lg. bay leaves
2 tsp. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
¼ tsp. cayenne
¼ tsp. paprika
½ tsp. thyme
Some of your favorite hot sauce

Cook onion & garlic in olive oil until soft.
Add: crumbles, tomatoes, beans, spices & simmer – add some water for consistency.
Hot sauce to taste.
Can add veggies now if you don’t mind them soft. Otherwise add them ½ hr. before serving and they will be more crunchy.
This can simmer for hours if you like, or a shorter time. Very forgiving. Stir occasionally. Enjoy!

Even your non-vegan friends will love it!
Paul C.
user 77279092
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 2
Rub-a-Dub Rice

I lifted this from my blog of this summer's sailing trip. It has ended up being one of my favorite meals.

I had no dinner plan. Chip’s number one favorite food is brown rice (also one of mine). He suggested just cooking up some rice and adding whatever I like to it. So, off I went digging out whatever we had onboard, a large sweet onion, 2 cloves of garlic, one jalapeño pepper, a green, red and yellow pepper. We had bought some Tofurky crumbles, kinda like imitation hamburger that we dumped into the mix. I sautéed this stuff while the rice was cooking and threw a can of Delmonte Mexican spiced diced tomatoes into the rice for the last 10 minutes. When the rice was done I mixed everything together and added some hot sauce. Turns out that the meal was a hit and a spicy vegan dish called Rub-a-Dub-Rice was created!

Everyone that I have shared this with loves it!