VegSarasota Vegetarian & Vegan Meetup Group Message Board › VegSarasota Outreach Coordinators - Letters 2 the Community

VegSarasota Outreach Coordinators - Letters 2 the Community

Raylon
Stngray
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 46
Saving this link until I can do a little more research on the production chain and the author of the article and it's publisher. It's admirable that Brian faces up to the cruelties inherent in animal agriculture, but he too easily lets his tastebuds outweigh his tiny heart.

thesmorg.com/2006/09/friday_food_foi.html­

-Raylon
A former member
Post #: 23
sublime should be opening back up in december. yay! i guess they were splitting the partnership and the now the restaurant is owned by one of them.
A former member
Post #: 61
I wrote this email to Keen Footwear:

You guys make such awesome shoes! I only wish so many of your shoes
weren't made with animal skins. Maybe in the future you can explore
leather/suede alternatives. It's the 21st century, we don't need to
kill something to have totally rad footwear. Love the soles of my
Venice H2s. Thanks!!

Dill Ward
______________________________________­_______________________________________

They wrote this back. Pretty cool!:

Dill,

Thank you for contacting Keen Footwear! The following KEEN styles are produced using no leather products: Antigua, Aruba, Bali, Malibu, St. Barts, Water Bootie, Hood River, Yogui, Ochoco, Selway, Humboldt, Newport H2, Venice H2, Boulder, Ouray, and Tijuana Canvas. New non-leather shoes for Spring '07: Wasatch Crest, Napali, San Clemente, Catalina, Barbados, and Roatan.

Even though these styles do not contain any leather products, we cannot guarantee that the glues and solvents in them are 100% vegan. We are currently working on finding a more ecologically friendly alternative.

The one shoe that is 100% vegan (no glues) is the brand new Ventura. The Ventura also features an organic canvas upper, a foot bed made from a combination of cork and natural latex, a natural rubber outsole, and recycled eyelets. We love it!

For those products that do contain leather, all of that material comes from the US, and is a bi product of the beef or dairy industry. Furthermore, our tanneries follow all the standards to be certified for environmental quality and humanitarian regulations.

Thank you again for your inquiry, as well as for your commitment to supporting ecologically and animal friendly products.

Sincerely,
Keen Footwear
www.keenfootwear.com
A former member
Post #: 81
Ms. Ward,

Thank you for contacting us about the use of eggs in our Morningstar Farms® and Worthington® products. We appreciate the opportunity to explain our position regarding the source of egg ingredients used in our products.

Our goal is to ensure that consumers have a choice when considering our brands. We currently offer several Morningstar Farms® and Worthington® products that do not contain eggs and are considered vegan. Some of these products are recent additions formulated to reduce our dependence on traditionally sourced eggs. Our Morningstar Farms® vegan products include:

Meal Starters? Chik'n Strips
Meal Starters? Steak Strips
Grillers® Original Vegan Burger
Meal Starters? Grillers® Recipe Crumbles?
Meal Starters? Sausage-Style Recipe Crumbles?
Vegan Burger made with Organic Soy

In addition, we offer 11 Worthington® products that are made without eggs.

We are currently exploring the use of cage-free eggs in our products and we are also looking at making more of our Morningstar Farms products egg free. We recognize that this is a sensitive issue and we are committed to actively exploring how we can use fewer or no caged eggs. We appreciate the information you provided to us. Thank you, again, for your interest in our products.

Sincerely,

Alex Grijalva
Consumer Affairs Department

4AXG/OPS

012493587A

Kellogg North America
PO Box CAMB
Battle Creek, MI 49016-1986
A former member
Post #: 1
Email response I received:

Thank you Dill for your comments

The Bee Ridge location is the only that offers organic and vegetarian right now...it
doesn't talk much about that on the website yet.

All meat dishes can be substituted with fish or shrimp, and many people bring their
own tofu crumbles too.

Right now, the demand is not there for us to sustain those entrees. If you would
like to set up a party with your friends, we can work it out to be vegetarian.

Thanks!
Cherie

No demand for healthy options???? See why we need to keep educating the public folks? ;)
- Dill
I also think so.thanks