add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

VegSarasota Vegetarian & Vegan Meetup Group Message Board › Nokomis, Venice & Sarasota

Nokomis, Venice & Sarasota

Boca Raton, FL
Post #: 324
Hi, I'll be visiting the above areas and would love to know which restaurants are recommended. Thanks a bunch! Sandi
user 20262261
Venice, FL
Post #: 6
Hi Sandi

Here is a link to the area restaurants that have vegetarian options.

I am the owner of Smell the Bread, a cafe in Sarasota.
We are a casual place for quick healthy & gmo free food. Mostly organic.
Three quarters of our menu is vegan including all of our breads & pastries. Be sure to stop in when you are in town.

Boca Raton, FL
Post #: 325
Hi Jennifer,

Thanks - I'm back on the East Coast now & will keep the list for the future as well as visit Smell the Bread. Didn't have access to a computer. I had a Black Bean burger @ Sharkey's and a Portebella burger in Joe's. Ate @ The Shore Diner and had the Kale Salad and roasted vegetables. I have never seen a Kale Salad offered any where else. I enjoyed the restaurant.
Ward P.
user 19255791
Sarasota, FL
Post #: 7
Sandi, besides these excellent suggestions, you can go to and search on Sarasota. There's also a free HappyCow phone app that will guide you to veg/vegan places wherever you are.
Boca Raton, FL
Post #: 326
Thanks Ward - I always like to get recommendations from people but will keep HappyCow in mind next trip.