VeloDCity: a Washington Area Bicycling Group Message Board › Anyone want to do Davidsonville -Sunday, August 26 ?

Anyone want to do Davidsonville -Sunday, August 26 ?

A former member
Post #: 3
Have you thought of doing Potomac's nokesville picnic ride on the 26th? I blew it and went there today. Got in a great ride with the Richmond area bicycle association on Saturday.
Erin
EMCindc
Washington, DC
Post #: 54
Although that ride seems ok otherwise, I really want to get this ride in before end of season...- does your message mean you wont be doing this ride this weekend ??
Gregg
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 562
Hey Erin,

Apologies for chiming in so late but many thanks for posting this impromptu on the message board. I would very much like to ride Davidisonville with you but regretfully already committed to doing the Reston on Sunday. Depending on scheduling, I would like to schedule a fall edition of the ride along with possible Indian Head adventure. Hope to post something soon and hope you can make it, until then please enjoy your ride. Thanks again for taking the initiative.

Bests,
gregg
A former member
Post #: 4
I will do Davidsonville on Sunday August 26, meeting at Southern HS at 9:30 AM. I'm riding there from the Davidsonville Park and Ride. I want more miles after staffing a SP visitor center on Saturday. Thanks for the ride op!
Erin
EMCindc
Washington, DC
Post #: 55
Thanks Gregg ! I hope to keep riding into October so will try to join one of those !

Sounds like there are three of us Sunday then - and I may have rounded up one or two more...
joe
user 5670247
Reston, VA
Post #: 64
Why on earth would you only ride into October when there are twelve months in the year?biggrin

I might have at least one other riding with us; he'll confirm by Friday.

Cheers!
bud
zephyrrb
Washington, DC
Post #: 1
Is this the regular Davidsonville ride? Que sheets, I've done this one a few times and seem to always get lost going to N Beach. Thx

Bud
Erin
EMCindc
Washington, DC
Post #: 56
The route Joe posted looks like it matches the cue sheet I saved from a prior ride...hoping to mostly recognize the route from following twice before ! I can bring some prints of the cue sheet.

Although I'm starting to think you all may be faster than me...
joe
user 5670247
Reston, VA
Post #: 65
Erin,

The 14-15 mph pace you originally posted sounds good. I'm rehabbing from a badly sprained ankle in early July and have only been back on the bike for two weeks. I did an easy 50 on the W&OD last weekend but have not done a lot of hills since before July 4th.

Still waiting on two friends to let me know what they are doing, but I am looking forward to a nice ride.

Joe
joe
user 5670247
Reston, VA
Post #: 66
Looks like the weather needs to be watched for Sunday morning. I don't mind a little shower but probably wouldn't want to be riding in it for four hours. This is what Weather.com is saying for Harwood, MD:

Showers and thundershowers likely, especially in the morning. High 82F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

I need to leave my house by 7:45 to be riding at 9:30. So will need to make a decision by early in the AM.

I'll send my phone # to Erin and Tom in a message through meetup.

Joe