Jun 28, 2014 · 9:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
Join your fellow group members for the "Nokesville - 45". To quote from the Wikipedia page: "Nokesville is the center of a farming community with cattle and dairy farms; it became a town and intermediate stop on the Orange & Alexandria Railway in 1865." . Cycling translation: scenic historic farmlands and forests (think amber waves of grain), an exorbitant number of furry creature sightings and relatively flat roads with some slight rollers so you don't have to dreadfully anticipate ______ climb(s). In other words you can come out, have some fun and enjoy the ride.
Starting/Ending Point: Nokesville Community Park
Total Distance: 45 miles
Terrain: Mostly flat with some brief rollers
Est Elevation: +1500ft/-1490ft
Highlights: Scenic farmlands, forests and furry/feathery creatures galore
- HELMETS ARE REQUIRED!
- LIABILITY WAIVER WILL NEED TO BE SIGNED BEFORE THE RIDE
- All rides are 'No Drop', for nobody will be left behind.
- ID, spare tube, bike lock/cable are recommended .
- Snacks and liquids can be purchased.
- The event will be canceled/postponed if it rains.
- Email me if you have any questions