Jun 16, 2012 · 8:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
Seeking a 'kind of' challenging Saturday morning ride with breakfast on the side? Then consider joining us for this city ride which utilizes two of the region's most scenic roads: Beach Drive and Sligo Creek Parkway. The ride starts from the historical Eastern Market neighborhood and travel through such sights as Howard University, the National Capitol, Catholic University and more. If metropolitan man-made structures don't do anything for you then how about the very natural Rock Creek Park? Finally, we'll enjoy breakfast at one of the local neighborhood establishments so don't forget to bring some money and an appetite.
Est Distance: 40 miles Terrain: Rolling to hilly
Pace: Med(15 - 17 mph)
Highlights: Beach Drive, Sligo Creek Parkway, the Metropolitan Branch Trail and possible furry creature sightings
- All rides are 'No Drop', for nobody will be left behind.
- Helmets , ID, spare tube, bike lock/cable will be required .
- Snacks and liquids can be purchased.
- The event will be canceled/postponed if it rains.
- Email me if you have any questions