Climbing Training Event # 4 will be a 3 jurisdiction ride crossing VA, DC, and MD on parts of various routes lots of folks train on.
Starting at the Ballston Mall we will traverse into DC for the hills in Rock Creek, then a reprieve along MacArthur before some rollers back into Bethesda, back into Rock Creek, before heading back into Virginia for a few extra miles up and down the Military Road course.
Please note this is a Class B/B+ ride
Total distance:approx 60 miles
Total elevation climbed: approx 5,100 feet
Pace: Medium: 15-17 mph avg (slower going up, faster going down); Category B/B+ ride
Terrain: Lots of rollers, no really long climbs but a few steep ones
Start/Finish: Ballston Metro/Orange Line
Highlights: Georgetown, Rock Creek, MacArthur Blvd, Rock Creek again
The route/cue sheet can be viewed at the link below:
HELMETS ARE REQUIRED FOR PARTICIPATION:
- ID, spare tube, portable tire pump recommended
- clip in or cage pedals required
- Two, maybe 3 rest stops but recommend you bring 2 water bottles - We can grab a bite after the ride at the Cosi next to the Metro
- The event will be cancelled/postponed in event of rain
- email me if you have any questions