addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

VeloDCity: a Washington Area Bicycling Group Message Board › 2011 VASA Ride - March 6

2011 VASA Ride - March 6

ChrisR
user 6077080
Frankfurt, DE
Post #: 157
The 2011 VASA Ride co-sponsered by WABA and the Swedish Embassy is a good ride. I rode the Full Vasa 59 mile route in 2009 and 2010 and the Kort Vasa 13 mile route in 2008. I expect to ride the Full Vasa again this year, anyone else interested. On-line registration is supposed to start on January 15th.
A former member
Post #: 30
Sounds fun! Count me in for the 59 miler.
Gregg
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 489
Thanks Chris,

The last time I rode this event was back in 2008 and I had great time. Hopefully, the blueberry soup will still be available at the end of the ride. I'll confirm if can participate as the ride date gets closer.

Bests,
gregg
Al S.
BikeCaseForRent
Potomac, MD
Post #: 159
Thats a Great Season Starter
.. weather permitting I'll be there
A former member
Post #: 14
Hi- Do you recall the level of the 59 mile route as far as hills,etc ? I have a great road bike but am somewhat out of shape & March 6th is right around the corner. Also,my flight from Mardi Gras gets me back into DC @ midnight the night before. Sigh. It looks like an awesome ride.
ChrisR
user 6077080
Frankfurt, DE
Post #: 161
I'll have to see if I can find an old cue sheet. As I recall, the route goes out the CCT and up MacArthur through Great Falls with a midpoint of Travilah. There are some good rolling climbs there. From Travilah, it is back across River Rd and over Oaklyn Dr eventually to Bethesda and down Beach Dr in Rock Creek Park. The worst climb is out of Rock Creek Park up Brandywine St, NW. I showed a total of 3000 feet of climbing over the entire route.
Karen
RubyS-Works
Arlington, VA
Post #: 13
I'm in for the kort vasa.
Marc
Marc.K
Washington, DC
Post #: 1
I'm registered; will do the full route or the half route (to be determined).
PaulB
pbastek
Silver Spring, MD
Post #: 4
I'm in for the full route.
Malcolm C.
user 10437979
Washington, DC
Post #: 4
Sounds great, bummer gonna be outa town that weekend, enjoix!