add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

VeloDCity: a Washington Area Bicycling Group Message Board › June 12 - Air Force Cycling Classic Crystal Ride

June 12 - Air Force Cycling Classic Crystal Ride

user 6077080
Kyiv, UA
Post #: 165
I've done the Crystal Ride the past two years, completing seven laps in 2009 and eight laps in 2010. This year how about we get a VeloDCity group together for the ride. Eight laps is 100 km (62 miles) and you have three and a half hours to complete it. That means an average of about 17.8 mph without stopping. It would be much easier if we could get a group together and draft off each other. Maybe some Hains Point training rides in the run up to the event?
user 12454394
Washington, DC
Post #: 1
Very good idea, I would loove to participate.
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 494
Thanks Chris,

Sounds like a good ideal. After missing out on the event for the past three years it's time that I make an appearance. I need to await a few scheduling issues before I make a commitment yet.

Arlington, VA
Post #: 44
I did it last yr and had fun, im in
Takoma Park, MD
Post #: 4
I would love to try I am in!!!
Potomac, MD
Post #: 161
Im in if the pace doesnt end up to be a race within a race
user 5670247
Reston, VA
Post #: 23
Sounds fun, but that is BikeMS weekend. I'll be riding 100 miles Saturday and 50 on Sunday:

But for anyone who normally averages 14-15mph and thinks 17.8 is too fast, this could be your opportunity to learn how to ride in a paceline and see the advantages that gives to your speed. If the group does some paceline clinics, I'd love to's something I am not very good or comfortable doing.
user 10819645
Denver, CO
Post #: 1
I'm in- sounds fun!
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 495
Okay Chris,

Just signed up today and I'm officially in. Now, do you have any advice for us newbies?

Takoma Park, MD
Post #: 5
Are we riding as a team? Or should I do an single registration?