VeloDCity: a Washington Area Bicycling Group Message Board › Damascus VFD Station 13 Strawberry Ride

Damascus VFD Station 13 Strawberry Ride

Karen
RubyS-Works
Arlington, VA
Post #: 15
Is anyone interested in doing this ride?

Date is Saturday, June 11th.

There are 8, 32, and 62 mile options. And yes Gregg, I'm listing something that has real hills, and you know how much I like hills. But I like Strawberries enough that I might suffer through some hills to get some.
A former member
Post #: 33
It sounds like a good ride. I'll be out of town in June for a couple weeks, but otherwise I would love to do it.
Malcolm C.
user 10437979
Washington, DC
Post #: 5
Sounds great, will check with SO and see if it fits!
Gregg
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 503
Is anyone interested in doing this ride?

Date is Saturday, June 11th.

There are 8, 32, and 62 mile options. And yes Gregg, I'm listing something that has real hills, and you know how much I like hills. But I like Strawberries enough that I might suffer through some hills to get some.

Hi Karen,

Thanks for the posting, it's greatly appreciated. I have no doubts that you will do well and become the true inspiration to all cyclists in the area. Unfortunately my schedule is a little crazy at the moment so I won't know anything for certain until a couple of things clear up. I promise to confirm as soon as possible.

Bests,
gregg
Karen
RubyS-Works
Arlington, VA
Post #: 17
I've signed up for the 32 miler. No sense doing too many hills if I can avoid them.
Karen
RubyS-Works
Arlington, VA
Post #: 20
This turned out to be a great ride and surprisingly well-run since this was the inaugural event. I did the 32 miler in 3 hours. There were some nasty hills (there were nastier ones in the 62 miler from what I heard) and I am not too proud to admit that I did walk for portions of those with 13+% grades. But overall, I did OK. You might want to consider this one next year. And the strawberries and other food were really good.